HELP WITH ARTICLE BEING POSTED

Hi Everybody

I'm a seller, not usually a buyer so need some help with an item I purchased on 6 July & think hasn't been posted but not sure.  

The message on my buyers history reads item posted & then gives EBay Tracking number which says the information has been received by Australia Post on 7 July.  I'm assuming that it has not yet been posted.

If not received by next week, can I lodge an item not received claim & because it's an Ebay tracking does this mean that I don't have a claim?

If I do lodge an "Item not received" claim is Ebay or Paypal better.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Thanks for that info.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Shipping information received means the seller has generated the label. One of 2 things could have happened.

1. They dropped it in the red box without getting a lodgement scan, which means it may not get a scan until it reaches a sorting centre or it's about to be delivered.

2. They haven't posted it yet.

There is no way to know which scenario it is without waiting. I'd take a guess and say they've dropped it in the box, especially if they are an established seller with a good record.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I agree *tippy*toes*

This is what my tracking looks like if, I'm assuming, it isn't lodged over the counter

AP1.PNG

and this if it is

AP2.PNG

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for the help - that's what I suspected, just wanted someone to definitely confirm that was how to read the tracking.  

Since I bought, he has received a neg & his star for postage time has gone down to 4.2.  He has made his feedback private, so don't know what the neg is for, but I suspect non-delivery or non-postage.  

Anyway will wait & see, but I have the feeling that this seller is not going to deliver on his purchases.  He has 15 feedback, but has been on Ebay as a seller since 2014 so thought it would be OK to buy.

Doesn't reply to emails, even to say how he posted, which would help - if posted in red box then tghat would be an explanation for no tracking to date.

Will come back to the board & advise of progress.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

If it goes over the last estimated delivery date, you can lodge an item not received claim.

As you don't have it, the seller can hardly prove otherwise, ebay tracking or not. It hasn't been delivered to you, that's the bottom line.

Actually, if i were you, I would be inclined to lodge that claim as soon as that last estimated delivery date ticks over. That is, unless the seller gets to you with a decent explanation for the delay.

You purchased on 6 July, it is now 14 July. If it had been posted, I would expect tracking to show it somewhere in transit by now.

It doesn't sound as if it has actually been posted off & that's not good enough.

I forget which is better, ebay or paypal for item not received. Never had to make a claim on ebay. Someone else will know.

if tracking shows with Australia Post, it means it is with Australia Post. Hardly the seller's fault if AP don't scan after LODGEMENT, which is what 'with Australia Post' means, so I'm not sure what explanation you would expect the seller to provide.

If it was actually with Australia post.

But what made me wonder was that just a few weeks back I got an email from Aust post to say tracking details had been uploaded to them. It gave a date.

But then the next notice I got was about 3 days later that the item  had been lodged with them.

So I am assuming here that details can be lodged before an item is physically sent.

If a tracking number was issued a week ago & Aust post actually had it, I would expect other details to be showing on the system by now.

But you could be right-the notice the buyer got could have meant the item was with Aust post-I just wasn't sure if it was the first type of notice.

But regardless of the type of notice it was, I would expect a seller to respond to numerous messages. pretty poor form to ignore a buyer completely.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

I agree *tippy*toes*

This is what my tracking looks like if, I'm assuming, it isn't lodged over the counter

AP1.PNG

and this if it is

AP2.PNG

Exactly. (Sorry, I hadn't read to the bottom of all the posts before I replied to dave & now too late to edit).

My reading of those photos above is that shipping info received on the earlier dates does not equal item actually with Aust Post at that point.

If your item is showing only shipping info received and nothing else has come up in a week, then I would seriously doubt it has been sent.

And I know most people here always say wait past the estimated date, it is only an estimate etc etc. I say it myself sometimes. But each case is different.

If your item hasn't been physically lodged with Aust post, you are receiving no replies to messages, you go ahead & lodge an item not received claim as soon as the system lets you.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Unfortunately, my seller is now up to 4 negs & 1 neut (still with his feedback private), so don't think I'll be receiving my item.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Well at least he cannot sell anything while the feedback is private.

I would go for a paypal dispute straight away and then look elsewhere.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@lynne8221 wrote:

Unfortunately, my seller is now up to 4 negs & 1 neut (still with his feedback private), so don't think I'll be receiving my item.

No, you're not going to get it.

Might as well open a case asap & get your money back.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks, have opened INR case (with a lot of others I suspect).  Since he made his feedback private, I'm just guessing.

He's now up to 6 NEGS.  His feedback when I bought indicated that he was shipping & everything was OK, though there were a few comments about slow posting.  He sold 42 of the items since 1 July, so think there will be a lot more cases.  Presume he will be de-registered soon!

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply