HELP WITH ARTICLE BEING POSTED

Hi Everybody

I'm a seller, not usually a buyer so need some help with an item I purchased on 6 July & think hasn't been posted but not sure.  

The message on my buyers history reads item posted & then gives EBay Tracking number which says the information has been received by Australia Post on 7 July.  I'm assuming that it has not yet been posted.

If not received by next week, can I lodge an item not received claim & because it's an Ebay tracking does this mean that I don't have a claim?

If I do lodge an "Item not received" claim is Ebay or Paypal better.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I would not bet on him being deregistered.

There have been a couple of instances on ebay where it is obvious something has happened to previously good sellers and they were racking up hundreds of negatives.  Several members contacted ebay but nothing was done for weeks.  Boardies could see what was happening but ebay would not act.  I am sure they will not act on 6 or so negatives.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

You're probably right.  But I'm betting on all of the July sales (about 42) not having been sent.

From memory all of his feedbacks were from June, so buyers will just now be starting to wonder if they're going to get their item & get a shock when they check feedback.  He only had 15 or 16 to start with!

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks Everybody for the helpful advice.

Just an update - seller now has 13 NEGS & having changed his feedback to private, I'm making the assumption that he's still around & just not able to supply the item - which was Aust Post satchels.

I've received my money back after lodging an INR, & hope the other 42 buyers have also received refunds.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@lynne8221 wrote:

Thanks Everybody for the helpful advice.

Just an update - seller now has 13 NEGS & having changed his feedback to private, I'm making the assumption that he's still around & just not able to supply the item - which was Aust Post satchels.

I've received my money back after lodging an INR, & hope the other 42 buyers have also received refunds.

Glad you got your money back.

Not impressed at all with the seller. What a gutless wonder, if he has been ignoring buyers. If he has been able to suddenly change his feedback to private then he is still around and he should have contacted buyers, explained he could not supply the product and just refunded the money.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Wouldn't be the first satchel scammer we've seen. Glad you got refunded. Sadly, some won't as they don't know they can get one. Scammers rely on those people.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply