Has anyone experienced failed deliveries from Chin re New regulations? see below

flyoz
Community Member

Hi everyone I just spotted this advisory on China Posts website.

It appears to have a major impact on Buying and Selling of the goods listed.

The listed banned goods will have a massive impact on the web economy. has anyone any experience with tyhis ruling?

"China Post announced a new policy since November 2014 that parcels with magnetic items, including headphone, radio, scanner ... will cause safety problem to airline and therefore not allowed to be shipped by airmail.

This new policy has caused thousands of rejected parcels which have headphone, earphone,mp3, radio, scanner etc.

If you have purchased above mentioned item and has not received the goods after 40 days, you need to open dispute and claim refund asap. check here : http://track-chinapost.com/?p=435

Appendix: China Post Forbidden Item List

• Battery item such as Mobile Phone, Walkie Talkie,Laptop, tablet,iPad etc.
  • Magnetic item such as Headphone, earphone, speaker, amplifier, MP3, scanner etc.
  • Dangerous arms such as gun, pistol, bullet, knife, gun powder etc
  • Any liquid item"

Apparently much depends on who scans the package and how lenient they are,  but Phones? tablets? etc  ??

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Has anyone experienced failed deliveries from Chin re New regulations? see below

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You'd have to be brain dead to buy anything electrical from China

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Most banned items in china are posted out from singapore.....

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You do realise you're quoting things that are 2 years old.

i.e. "China Post announced a new policy since November 2014

and that link you gave is also from Jan 2014

Who knows what the Chinese are up to these days

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Here's some good info.

Ask your seller for the tracking number.  

If they give you one like this, you're in trouble....

format 2: the number starts with “CP” and ends with “CN”, i.e. CP123456789CN

This is China Post registered surface mail. Normally it is much slower than airmail and might take up to 6 months to arrive.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@flyoz wrote:

Apparently much depends on who scans the package and how lenient they are,  but Phones? tablets? etc  ??

Why would China be the only country in the world NOT to ban mobile phones being shipped by airmail?

Australia has had a similar ban for years.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

any time something i order from china turns up its a bonus, never buy anything over about $10 from the mass sellers

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

david, I am surprised you didn't post a book link . . . . . I will lend a hand, but don't expect me to always have your back!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slow-Boat-from-China-by-Adrian-Sparham-/231621084463?hash=item35edb1452f:...

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

The "battery" items are because they contain lithium batteries which aren't allowed to go by air due to the explosion risk. You can't legally post those items in Australia if they are to go by air either, as in express post. Anything with a lithium battery has to be marked as road only when posted. If you post in a satchel you sign the bottom saying there is nothing dangerous inside, e.g lithium batteries. It has been that way for a number of years, so not sure why you are implying it's something new.

I've bought a fair bit from China over the years. Only one didn't turn up. I sent the seller a message and they refunded within 15 minutes, no questions asked. I'd never buy any of the items you listed from China though, EVER.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

No Im so brain dead i didnt notice it was printed in 2014. WT.?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply