Heads up for all buyers

Please note when purchasing from sellers, the conditions of which a seller uses ebay to sell goods is stated on every listing!

This condition is as follows:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Heads up for all buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheep, keep digging I know you are looking for dirt. I do not have to explain myself to you, I do not wish to entertain your vanity as you are not an authority on these forums. 

Message 31 of 55
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please do add me, it clearly demonstrates poor seller. I have done nothing to you to warrant such action apart from having a general opinion. 

Message 32 of 55
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I knew I should have bought shares in the popcorn company, another bag anyone?

Lol, someone talking stocks and trying to sound sophisticated. Name one popcorn company listed on ASX.

Message 33 of 55
Latest reply

Thank you - I will.

No, you've done nothing to me personally, but in reference to the threads you';ve posted  under one or another of your alter egos, you've more than clearly demonstrated that a financial dealing with you could possibly be fraught with problems - no matter how good the seller is.

So it's just a precautionary action to eliminate problems before they occur. There are more than enough fantastic buyers on ebay to cater to, without dealing with potential problematic buyers.

Yes...I'm one of those really bad sellers you speak of. 15 years of trading on ebay, with 100% positive feedback - a real charlatan!

funny_demotivational_posters_01.jpg

Message 34 of 55
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all Ebay is not our life and blood here, but perhaps entertaining your vanity is the upmost importance in this case because you are fixated on us. However you do actually sell garbage that perhaps appeals to the dying retro crowds but thats our opinion only and that does not really matter.  Just for your information my Fleabay account is used by many, our staff buy all sorts of stuff (not your junk though) in this office even cheap seeds. WE don't give a rats if Fleabay were to shutdown. 

Message 35 of 55
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I knew I should have bought shares in the popcorn company, another bag anyone?

Lol, someone talking stocks and trying to sound sophisticated. Name one popcorn company listed on ASX.

Lol I have been accused of being many things (not all complimentary would you believe) but never of trying to be sophisticatedWoman LOL

There is little point in trying to discuss anything with anyone who is devoid of a sense of humour and cannot 'get' the reference to popcorn.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 36 of 55
Latest reply

I think I'll join you on that G&T diet,PJ, maybe then this thread will appear to have a smidgen of logic in it.

Message 37 of 55
Latest reply

The real heads up for buyers... 

Sellers are not the enemy. It's sad when so many threads and posts keep cropping up that instigate and propogate this mentality. It's also sad when people suggest a seller's opinion about a buyer's problem should be dismissed, ignored, or just plain mocked, because they're a seller and the buyer doesn't like what they hear. 

Most of the feedback on this ID is from buying. I, like many other sellers, have very real first hand experience of the kinds of problems that occur on eBay for buyers, and we are not dismissive or complacent about them because we're sellers, or they didn't happen to us, we respond and provide an opinion most of the time because we can see both sides.

I have had a seller try to keep the money I paid them even though they admitted they weren't going to send the items I purchased - that seller was a jerk, but I certainly didn't suddenly think all sellers are jerks, and that if other people (especially sellers) disagree with me or take issue with my actions or opinions, they must be bigger jerks - that kind of response would have been extremely narrow-minded on my behalf. 

There is a lot of information that is important for buyers to know and understand for safe and successful trading - things that help protect them in general, things that help make good purchase decisions, things like protection policies, what they cover, what they don't, how to proceed with a claim if you need to, what the seller will have responsibility for, what the buyer will have responsibility for. It's disappointing to see that all these posts ragging on sellers and/or eBay in general has not provided one useful thing for buyers to learn. Nothing practical, nothing tangible, just a general "sellers suck" attitude, and then wonder and even offence taken when other members point out actual facts or provide a differing opinion.

False information about any of the above gives people unrealistic expectations and ideas, and that's where many problems stem from, so it would be nice if some people gave consideration to the fact that leading people to believe something like a seller has to be responsible for everything, when they certainly do not, has the potential to create problems for other buyers - the people that are supposed to be getting help here.

If people don't want to help, then don't help, but don't try to act like you are helping just to try and insult people or foster animosity between buyers/sellers/eBay members in general. 

Message 38 of 55
Latest reply

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated.  Please be sure to keep your communications civil.  Thanks!

Message 39 of 55
Latest reply

Gee, eight hours later and i cant get an answer.IMAG0141.jpg

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 40 of 55
Latest reply