Help Needed - Is this Seller a Scammer?

bero_3745
Community Member

I was looking at getting a Lego Super Mario Adventures Starter Kit for my child.

Came across this listing that advertise a really cheap price compare to others. He has no feedback score and as I was scrolling through other listings, I saw the same description from another seller. His listing number is 363215931022. The listing that had the same description and at a higher price is 303811604813.

Two of the items have been sold and I'm tempted by the price. Do you think he is a scammer?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The first item number doesn't show in searches, has it been removed by eBay maybe, or is the item number wrong?

As a rule of thumb if a price is too good to be true then it's probably a scam.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If I thought someone was a scammer I would not 'take a chance' and buy from them anyway

If they are a scammer they might send you an empty box or a box of shredded paper....

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

The listing still shows up on my end. The title is "LEGO Super Mario Adventures With Mario Starter Course 71360 Build Kit NEW"

Oh well, I guess you are right. It's just too good to be true but oooohh so tempting! Smiley Tongue

Thank you padi for your reply. I haven't bought anything on eBay before and have heard some bad buying experiences from my friends. Thought best to ask here from experienced buyers.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

My boy would certainly love a box of shredded paper... NOT! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

If it is the listing I think it is, the brand new seller having several of the same item available at a 'low' price with with free postage and only using a stock photo sounds too many alarm bells (IMHO) 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

The first item number doesn't show in searches, has it been removed by eBay maybe, or is the item number wrong?

As a rule of thumb if a price is too good to be true then it's probably a scam.

Hi Padi,  did you copy/paste and accidently inlude the  .      Both listings still showing

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

The first one still isn't coming up for me GP - maybe I'm speshul...or they don't post to regional WA.....

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller of the cheaper item is a very new seller.....only registered a few days ago.

He has sold 2 of these sets but there has not been enough time for feedback to be left.

It is a gamble but if you pay with paypal and are prepared for the fact that the item may not arrive it is certainly an attractive price.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

It's coming up under the description, but not the item number, which is correct.

Seller joined 11 December and had 6 listed. 2 sold, 4 available. Priced at 75% or less than the other sellers. I certainly wouldn't be buying from them.

Good timing - get them all out in the Christmas rush and disappear. I'm showing 24 dec - 6 Jan for delivery. From Sydney to Canberra, so a long handling time, even though he states will normally post within 2 days. Might have something to do with AP's Christmas dates.

Regional WA excluded.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply