Help needed. I've put in an offer to an item listed as $19.95 with free post or Make Offer. The sell

Can someone help please? I've just put an offer in for an item listed as $19.95 with free post. The seller accepted my offer of $15 but has added $8.50 postage costs to the invoice. I have emailed her asking her to remove the postage costs but the postage costs haven't been removed. A seller can't do this can they? List something with free post then when they accept your offer add postage costs?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help needed. I've put in an offer to an item listed as $19.95 with free post or Make Offer. The sell

I would have declined the cancellation request so she had to pay the fees. I'd be leaving a neutral feedback "seller tried to charge postage on a free post item. Cancelled" (or whatever you can fit into the box).

I'm sick of arrogant sellers. It gives the rest of us a bad name.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No. Poor form to say the least. Wait a while ( 24-48hrs )  and see if they ammend the invoice. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I've just had a message from her, she's amended the supposed free postage to $1 saying she doesn't know how to charge (zero) postage and that she's new and that she hopes I don't mind. I've messaged her back telling her how to amend a sellers invoice so hope she does so. I know it's only an extra $1 now instead of $8.50 but what she's doing is just not right.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Sounds promising then.  ๐Ÿ™‚   ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I hope so, thanks for your support have a great day.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

No, I've just had another message from her telling me she's tried to get the invoice to free postage but she hasn't changed the invoice and she's mentioned that she's already given me a discount of $4 off the original price. It's one of those days.......

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@ebabeauctions wrote:

No, I've just had another message from her telling me she's tried to get the invoice to free postage but she hasn't changed the invoice and she's mentioned that she's already given me a discount of $4 off the original price. It's one of those days.......

Point out the facts to her.

There was no DISCOUNT OF $4 - you made an offer - she accepted.

Listed as FREE POSTAGE - the offer has nothing to do with the postage - if it was FREE - it remains - FREE.

Then report her - she is one of the reasons we all suffer on this site.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

let's not be hasty about reporting anyone

if she is genuinely new, she might indeed be having trouble changing the invoice

Did you remind her not to hit "recalculate", which makes it revert back to the original price.

A lot of new sellers don't really understand how to respond to the best offer option.

I would just be patient and firm - and say you expect the invoice to say nil postage.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I've tried to reason with her but her attitude is not crash hot and it s got to the stage where she says she can't alter the postage and told me to cancel. (more or less if I'm not prepared to pay the extra cancel it).  I've spoken to ebay and on their advice have emailed the seller to cancel the transaction, it has to be initialised by the seller. Hopefully she will do that as she hasn't been too pleasant and I don't feel comfortable dealing with her anymore. My only worry is that she doesn't do this and claims an unpaid item on me but have been told by ebay they will remove the unpaid item claim from her.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

She offered you the post at $4 to get you to pay her original asking price.Rude.

If she didn't like the offer she shouldn't have accepted it.

I'm not sure in this case if she is sneaky or a newby but i wouldn't want to deal with her either.She can't get that right or deal with it nicely then imagine what she would be like is it not as described or INR.

What feedback number has she got? Silly seller be getting a deserved defect for cancelling anyway.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply