Help needed. I've put in an offer to an item listed as $19.95 with free post or Make Offer. The sell

Can someone help please? I've just put an offer in for an item listed as $19.95 with free post. The seller accepted my offer of $15 but has added $8.50 postage costs to the invoice. I have emailed her asking her to remove the postage costs but the postage costs haven't been removed. A seller can't do this can they? List something with free post then when they accept your offer add postage costs?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Help needed. I've put in an offer to an item listed as $19.95 with free post or Make Offer. The sell

She has feedback of over 200 but when you actually go into her feedback page she has over 1000 feedback but from what I can see from the first few pages they're from sellers so I think she's a newbie to selling but needs to improve her customer service skills and how to communicate with buyers in a nicer and more reasonable way. The fact that she was charging me postage costs when it was listed as free postage remains the same though, even as a newbie you would  not  do that.  It's finally settled now, we've both agreed to cancel the transaction and luckily I'll no longer have to deal with her. Thanks for all you help here everyone, have a great day.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I would have declined the cancellation request so she had to pay the fees. I'd be leaving a neutral feedback "seller tried to charge postage on a free post item. Cancelled" (or whatever you can fit into the box).

I'm sick of arrogant sellers. It gives the rest of us a bad name.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@ebabeauctions wrote:

I've just had a message from her, she's amended the supposed free postage to $1 saying she doesn't know how to charge (zero) postage and that she's new and that she hopes I don't mind. I've messaged her back telling her how to amend a sellers invoice so hope she does so. I know it's only an extra $1 now instead of $8.50 but what she's doing is just not right.

If the listing had free postage and she managed to figure out how to send an invoice with an extra charge before you paid, then figured out how to reduce it to $1.00, I suspect if she tries hard enough, she will figure out how to get the invoice back to $0 postage. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited to add: .....oh, just saw the transaction was cancelled. Nevermind. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I did mention that to her but she still couldn't or wouldn't reduce the postage to zero. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply