Hi, I purchased Terry Pratchett's "Raising Steam" last night and have been charged $19.94

Hi, I purchased Terry Pratchett's "Raising Steam" last night and have been charged $19.94, with discounts, but it is advertised on the booktopia site for $16.95 and I have been getting adverts on my webmail page showing the same price.

Kind Regards,

Ian Milne

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, I purchased Terry Pratchett's "Raising Steam" last night and have been charged $19.94

I guess it would be kind of annoying when you buy from one site, then that site kind of rubs the fact that you could've bought it at a lower price in your face. It'd be like going to Target, buying something and having the checkout operator go "by the way, it's $5 cheaper at Big W... too late now, ๐Ÿ˜› ".

Generally, Target would accept a return for change of mind though, not all sellers on eBay do, and very few "price match" (which is typically done before purchase anyway); and if they don't, all that (price) teasing can't be very satisfying. o_O 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Maybe you should have bought from booktopia then. Or some other overseas site that pays 0% tax to Australia. There are plenty to choose from.

Remember - a dollar saved is a dollar that will never do anything for any Australian. But it IS a dollar saved.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I bought a tin of beans in Tesco yesterday and have just found out I could have got them a penny cheaper in Asda (UK supermarkets), where do I find a site to display my annoyance at Tesco for daring to sell their beans for more than their rival?Cat Very Happy

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Why do you assume that ebay has to be cheaper than anywhere else?

No one has ever claimed that.

Ebay is a lot of separate traders. They may even have different prices on the same product, they often do have!

It's up to you to check prices.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The way you have written your post implies that maybe you think you are talking to eBay here? You're not. This is a forum for eBay members just like you.

However, eBay customer service wouldn't refund you the difference. You have bought from an individual seller, not eBay. Take it up with the seller directly, if you want to request a refund of the difference or a return for a full refund. Some sellers accept change of mind but not all. Personally though I would just accept it, and price check next time before buying. Here or elsewhere.

Love Terry Pratchett. Hope you enjoy reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply