How is it that an time of equal size and weight can cost between $10au and $60au to post from Englan

Is there gouging of prices in England to Australia in so far as postage is concerned.  It makes it not worthwhile to bid on an item of say $30.00au only to be expected to pay $40.00au for postage.

Can someone explain justification for this burden?

Marra

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How is it that an time of equal size and weight can cost between $10au and $60au to post from Englan

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Depends on whether seller is using Global Shipping Program or not

Check the listings. 

The GSP will want an arm and a leg for postage

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Postage of any sort from the UK to Australia is expensive, and more so if the seller uses Signed For, Insurance and tracking to qualify for ebay/paypal seller protection.

And if they use the Global Shipping Service it is a whole other ballgame....the costs are horrendous.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Au$40 is £20 so not particularly high for an item to be sent with a Paypal and ebay compliant postage method I am afraid. Unfortunately the exchange rate is gradually creeping up in favour of GBP, a year ago that £20 would only have cost you Au$30.  

I don't know if you have ever sent a parcel from Aus to the UK with full tracking but it is not cheap and of course on top of the stamp cost you need to add the cost of any packaging and a reasonable handling charge. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply