How can I request refund for an item which a return request is already closed for?

I did 2 separate orders for shocks for a car. 1 order was for back shocks, 1 order was for front shocks. Had shocks installed professionally and all 4 shocks are completely faulty. One set was faulty just before the other set.

Originally did a return request for one order and when it was almost completed it showed the wrong set as faulty - so cancelled it. Went back to redo the return request for that specific order - completed. Went to do a return request for the other set the next day when thney also failed and it wouldn't allow me to reopen the original return request. 

Have paid over $500 and need to rectify the purchase. How can I do that?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How can I request refund for an item which a return request is already closed for?

Looks like you made a meal of it.

I fear you will only be able to open a return for 1 set but may be met with problems on this as well.

Try to open a return on the items you haven't requested a return on.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When looking for

HOLDEN RODEO RA 2003 on Front RAW 4x4 Nitro Max Shock Absorbers 50mm Lift

... would that be a seller of interest in this anecdote?

(I may be off-base; it's one of your recent sellers as indicated by your recently received feedback.)

If so, a quick exploration with this little friend -> google1.gifgets you to a website that shows you contact details and an ABN. You can phone the company (assuming that this is the correct one) and ask for a return request under Australian consumer law.

Or you can try contacting eBay to open a return request for you, explaining that you didn't realise that when you closed the original return request, you saw you'd opened it for the first set of shocks which hadn't yet been identified as having failed.

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Have you made any contact with the seller, prior to starting the return process.  What has the professional who installed the shocks said, did he give any indication as to what caused the shocks to fail.  What is the rest of the suspension like.  Having one shock absorber fail is unusual,  Having 2 fail would suggest there is an underlying problem.  Having all 4 shocks fail, given they are made up of 2 seperate models, front & back, is extremely strange.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I'm guessing OP is changing shocks for a different ride height or improve suspension rather than fails.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I'm not sure why they would all fail because the front aren't shocks they are known as struts.

If OP has purchased any other shocks than a named brand well then it's their own fault.

Shocks don't change the ride height springs change the ride height,shocks are there to absorb the thumps and bumps.

Always fit Monroe shocks and struts there is no better lol

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply