How come not one seller of maverick deep cycle batteries is contactable pre sales

nudgea
Community Member

I cannot contact one seller of Maverick deep cycle batteries for any information on the battery’s  weight etc  Why are they not contactable  Are they hiding from buyers pre sale questions for a reason   For this reason alone I have purchased my deep cycle battery from a more open and excessable  seller  who gives much more information on their product  and is contactable pre sales 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How come not one seller of maverick deep cycle batteries is contactable pre sales

I don't know

If the seller(s) in question have been sent a message from a buyer which contains the buyer's contact information, or if the seller has sent their contact information from a potential buyer before a sale has been made, then it is more than likely eBay has blocked the seller from getting or responding to messages 

As you have already decided the seller in question has blocked messages because they are  likely to be dodgey, it really does not matter. And I doubt said seller would just happen to be reading here to know you bought elsewhere 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@nudgea wrote:

Are they hiding from buyers pre sale questions for a reason   

Yes, but not necessarily for the reason you presume. I mean that's certainly a possibility, but it's not the only one.

There is a setting on ebay for sellers that blocks questions from members who have not already purchased. 

A few reasons I can think some sellers might opt to block messages, that don't necessarily indicate they are dodgy sellers: 

• The receive a high volume of messages daily and can't answer them all, at least not without hiring dedicated staff members whose sole duty it is to respond to customer enquiries - some of them would already have staff to do this just with buyers who did go ahead with a purchase; someone has to sit there are reply to all the "please post ASAP" messages so that someone else can actually get on with posting the items (not relevant to your post, I know, it's just a bug-bear of mine Smiley LOL )
  • Their description already conveys all of the information they want to convey
  • To prevent offers / negotiations on items because they don't negotiate (on price, delivery options, or any other factor), and to avoid having to use the most offensive word known to some people: no
  • To prevent being hit with policy violations because of the content of another member's message 
  • They don't speak any of the most common languages spoken in the countries in which they would receive questions, or at least not well enough to avoid slapstick comedy-level misunderstandings
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I never knew batteries were sold by the kilo.   I have bought numerous batteries online, and the listings have always included relevant information, IE:  Voltage, Output and  L W D

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If they're chinese sellers with thousands of listings they'd be working on quick turnover and they wouldn't want to spend time finding said item, more time finding the scales to weigh them, and then spending time replying. It's just not worth their time if they work on high turnover and low mark-up. It's not like a bricks & mortar shop - not that they're likely to weigh batteries for you either.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

I never knew batteries were sold by the kilo.   I have bought numerous batteries online, and the listings have always included relevant information, IE:  Voltage, Output and  L W D

That's why these ones are called "mavericks".

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

You can use battery weight as a guide to how it will perform.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Battery weight is a guide to performance  example the amount of lead plates inside the battery The larger and heavier the plates the stronger the battery.  Most 100AH batteries are around the 30kg mark  Most sellers know this a list their weight  I personally wouldn’t buy any 100AH battery under this weight   Check these facts on google !

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

My advice is to not touch the brand, very overated specs. They quote 165AH for a battery that weighs 28 kilos. That acid flooded battery hasn't even been invented yet.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply