How do I access the 'resolution centre'?

The seller is going to send me another packet of his products as the other packet is apparently loss in the mail. He would like me to close the case in the 'resoluton centre', but for the life of me I can't find any such 'centre' or a link to close the case.

It would be real handy in these cases for Ebay to post a link/s with the messages.  

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Just as well you couldn't find it. Tell your seller the dispute will be closed when you receive what you have paid for.  If they have sent a replacement with tracking then they can provide that tracking to ebay or Paypal, whichever resolution process you used, and the dispute will be closed. 

If you do close it now and the seller doesn't send anything then you cannot re-open the dispute and will have done your money.

If it is more than a couple of days since you opened the dispute and the seller has not provided valid tracking I would escalate to a claim if you haven't already done so.

If you get your money back and the item does eventually turn up you can always remake the payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I’m the seller and we agree with the buyer cancel the transaction, I refund full amount to buyer but the buyer didn’t return my item yet then eBay closing my case , now I lost my money and my item but I can’t open the case anymore? I don’t know what to do now
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You should ask this on the Selling boards, not the Buying one, here.

You should also start a new topic rather than add your question to this one that is six years old.

Aside from that, there's not much you can do - refunding your buyer prior to them returning the item gives them complete comtrol of the situation, and dishonest ones will take avantage of that. You cannot reopen the eBay case - it has been closed because the buyer has achieved their aim, and indicated to eBay that their grievance is resolved.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My biggest mistake was buying the airless paint sprayer from Victoria. When Sydney had the same 1.

Why did ebay cancel my case.

Where is ebays refund policy now. 

You cancelled my case because eBay couldn't resolve the issue of the missing airless paint sprayer 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Is it the seller you left a neg for that's registered in China (with terrible feedback) ? Did you open a dispute for "item not as described" withing the 30 day timeframe ? Did you escalate the dispute within the timeframe ?

eBay sides with buyer nearly all the time, so the chances are you didn't abide by their policies regarding the dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

ebay probably closed the case because you opened an Item not Received?

It should have been Not as Described.

Picky, I know, but them's the breaks - live and learn.

Try opening a case in Paypal for Item not as Described if that's how you paid.

Do not let it time out.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You have made a few mistakes, though.

Dragging up an old thread, which was current when the rules were different.

Obviously not following eBay protocols.

Not understanding that a seller can cancel a sale if they wish (one of the few 'protections' that sellers have), and that will require a refund of the purchase price.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

brit.m35
Community Member

Trying to get the seller to let me return an item as it is both not as described and defective (keyboard with no way to connect to a computer) and they want me to jump through hoops like make a YouTube Video showing that I can't read the Chinese instructions and that it doesn't connect before they will let me send the return...

Trying to get eBay involved but can't find out how past I want to make a return and I afterpayed the thing... this is ridiculous if they want me to jump through hoops they are 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Have you looked at the eBay Money Back Guarantee on the listing.

It is not "ridiculous" and very easy to follow the process.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply