How do I cancel the smartycashback subscription? A $19.00 monthly fee is being charged per month.

mspat-6654
Community Member

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How do I cancel the smartycashback subscription? A $19.00 monthly fee is being charged per month.

As you agreed to pay when you signed up for the voucher 

Did you get an email when you joined with a link to their site?

Did you read the to&c that you ticked that you had read 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You can look under Account Settings/Subscriptions to see what you've signed up for.

You may not be allowed to cancel for a period of time since you agreed to the terms and conditions, but it doesn't hurt to have a look.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

ricrous-13
Community Member

I want to cansel this now because i never apply for this!!!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

So you say you never signed up for the $15 voucher

Areโ€™nt you concerned who used you account to do so?

Someone did

Have you notified your bank and cancelled your card?

Have you notified eBay so they can report you account as compromised and suspend it?

You will be charged every month until you cancel it

But since you say it wasโ€™nt you who signed up in the first place, that means someone did so, using your account, without your knowledge

You need to cancel everything, change passwords etc

Someone using your account is not going to stop at just singing up to Smartycashback to get a voucher, you need to act before whoever did it starts racking up purchases on eBay as well

Amazing how many people say โ€˜they never signed upโ€™ but show zero concern about who used their account hence access to everything connected to their account to do so

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

...............or yet another one that didn't bother reading T&C's Sandy..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

As you agreed to pay when you signed up for the voucher 

Did you get an email when you joined with a link to their site?

Did you read the to&c that you ticked that you had read 

I was wondering the same, Sandy. Don't people get an email when they join a Plus subscription, even when they don't realize that by accepting a voucher they start a Plus subscription or even when they forget to cancel a trial?

They should get a "Welcome" email and notice immediately that a Plus subscription has just started, and take steps from there if they don't want it.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I've no idea really

But I do know, most people, if they really did'nt sign up for (the thing they are saying they never signed up for) would be reporting such a thing to their bank on the spot, rather than posting on a member to member forum (even if they mistakenly think eBay read here)

Surely?

They are claiming unauthorised transactions have happened/keep happening with their bank account but do nothing about it?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

66ol-38
Community Member

I NEED TO CANCEL OUT. I NEVER ORDERED THIS

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Did you accept the $15 eBay voucher they offered some time ago? If you did, you automatically accepted to start the Plus subscription. It was in the T&Cs.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply