How do I change settings to show prices/bids in my own currency eg AUD?

I am currtently interested in placing a bid for an item, but it's asking me to do it in GBP.....my currency is AUD, what do I do to show ALL items listed in AUD? I couldn't find anything in help to do this, I am new here sincejust before Xmas, so still discovering things.

Thanks

Sylvia

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

items listed in other countries eBay will show in that country's currency.

if you are logged into ebay Australia when you view them the Aussie $ = will show, giving you an APPROXIMATE cost in A$ but beware that the shipping to Aust can be expensive and the A$ value at checkout in PayPal may be slightly more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You have to bid in the same currency as the item is listed in. Overseas sellers who sell worldwide could not possibly accept bids in many different currencies.

Just imagine if you were selling something in Australia and started getting bids in GBP, US$, Singapore$, Euros..... You wouldn't know whether you were coming or going Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

btof61
Community Member
but surely it would be automatically exchanged into your settings... surely the price in the sellers country is automatically changed to my currency when it goes through my settings, isn't it..??
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

btof61
Community Member
and visa versa... I make a bid and it shows in everyone else concerned currency. It is 2019 and it wouldn't be new tech...
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

The price only converts to Aussie $ if you are viewing on ebay au

If you are viewing on ebay uk or ebay.com or ebay whatever country, it would be in their currency.

So you have to view world items on ebay au for the conversion to be automatic.

But thanks for dragging up a 5½ yo thread.

But welcome to the boards....and please check the dates in future.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I am in ebay au and all the prices are shown in pounds, that's all not just listings from the UK

Clint

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Friday glitch? Maintenance day on ebay.....try again later
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

What stawks said.

Both as to the reasons and the thread age.

You might be in Australia, but I'll hazard a guess that you are logged in to eBay UK. What is the URL at the top of the page? Does it include ebay.com.au or ebay.co.uk?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

"Overseas sellers who sell worldwide could not possibly accept bids in many different currencies."

Its 2021 and Paypal solves all those conversion problems. Ebay needs to get with the times.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply