How do I complain to ebay directly? Price gouging on hand sanitiser is driving shop shortages.

My goodness s people are getting away with selling hand sanitiser at increibly inflated prices on ebay. How do I complain directly to ebay? or do I go straight to consumer affairs?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I complain to ebay directly? Price gouging on hand sanitiser is driving shop shortages.

What about toilet rolls? Disgusting prices for a roll of toilet paper.  One seller $11.00 so far for one roll and buyers still bidding. This needs to stop.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: How do I complain to ebay directly? Price gouging on hand sanitiser is driving shop shortages.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You may have been better off adding your complaints to the other 40+ threads that have been started on the same subjects.....toilet paper and hand sanitisers.

You would then have been able to read ALL the answers that have been given and you will know as much as there is to know on the subject as well a how to report the listings to get them removed.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Then DO something

Spamming and whinging  here is not goign to do one single thing

LOOK at how many times the same thing has been posted over and over

LOOK how many times people have been advised what to do and how to do it, step by step, link by link

And yet people insist the same info be posted again, for the 41st time because they don't feel like scrolling down the page, or looking on the next page, or the one after that

Saying 'this needs to stop' here is 100% pointless

You may be surprised other people have things they need advice with that have NOTHING to do with toilet paper or related products, they come here, see pages of nothing but the same thing and think why bother? this forum is obviously only meant for toilet paper talk

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I am guessing you were looking to buy some, but because someone is prepared to pay more than you, then this must be stopped at all costs.

It seems these products are only returned in search results if you are looking for them.

Stopping sales on ebay, is not going to put  more product on the supermarket shelf.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@trishz1 wrote:

My goodness s people are getting away with selling hand sanitiser at increibly inflated prices on ebay. How do I complain directly to ebay? or do I go straight to consumer affairs?

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,

(from 8am to 8pm AET Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET Saturday and Sunday).

Have us call you seems to be the best option.

Just scroll to the bottom of that page.

If you use the chat option and none of their "options" suit then select which may be closest to why you

want to contact as their "selections" are limited.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply