How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

iktbay
Community Member

Hi,

I do not want to use Australia Post for non-delivery of anything ever again. The hour and a half I would need to spend collecting a parcel is costs me 3 times more than the item. Australia post never deliver parcels, only cards in your mailbox. 

I recently had a good experience with fast-away couriers. Is there some way I can filter or search for sellers who do not use Australia Post? Or, are sellers generally willing to negotiate price for an alternative delivery method?

If there is no way to purchase items on ebay without using Australia Post, then I guess I will just need to buy on Amazon, who DO actually deliver your items.

Thanks and regards,

iktbay

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

plus how are they going to get around the air traffic restriction laws?

As long as my cistomers remember to open a window, my Courier Pidgeons work just fine. Knocks em about a bit when they splatter into windows or fly in front of cars etc though....

Me thinks Amazon was seeking some free pre christmas adveertisement.....

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

It's not just Amazon...a pizza franchise is doing it too.

I agree there are many restrictions on its practicality...but it is being looked into, seriously.

There's a pigeon fanciers club near my house. The birds don't look strong enough to carry paper-format books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

Give them a chance. A few flights with a 3kg HC will build those wings up in no time.

Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

I don't think there is any way to search ebay for seller freight methods. I used to use Fastway couriers when I lived at the Sunshine Coast...but they only operate in large metro areas...where I live now, I am doomed to Australia Post....their service is good, but dreadfully expensive compared to how it was a few years ago. If I could use fastway again, I would. Still, if you are not at home, they too leave a card and not the parcel...as it has be signed for on delivery...jilly

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

I live in suburban Adelaide, and I am usually home.

Our postie is a middle-aged guy on a small motorbike and he always leaves small packages in my large letterbox. If they are registered/sign for, he drives up the drive and knocks on the door. When he is on our route I almost never get carded.

But sometimes there is a different (lazy and unsatisfactory) bloke on the route and then I get cards, even though I may be at the front door when he roars down the street. He is a pillock, and nobody gets decent service from him. Next time I get him I intend to lodge a formal complaint.

Then there is the contractor who delivers the big parcels onto the front verandah, and either gets me to sign or signs  on my behalf. He is a doll.

When somebody sends stuff by courier I often get carded and have to drive across town, and I dislike that.

I suspect the OP has somebody like Mr. lazy/unsatisfactory in his street.

It's not so much the system as the components.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the getting items lost that drives me nuts. The item often bouncers back and fourth from one PO to another. One item recently bouced between Brisbane and Goondiwindi 5 times before a human intervention with customer service 3 times fixed the problem. PS the actual recival address was in Brisbane. Right now I am chasing an Express item that actually arrived at my Local PO (according to tracking) only to be redirected to Gympie for some reason. They now say it may be back in 2 days (wrongly sorted apprently). Over recent contacts with customer service it appears it is the automated scanning system that is failing. It sounds correct given the bouncing back and forth, computers have no logic to figure out that it has scanned this same item 5 times, just keep sending it back. 

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

You would be better off starting your own thread instead of bumping one that's nearly 10 years old.

This one will probably get locked soon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Hello everyone, due to the age of this thread, we have decided to lock it from further discussion.

Please feel free to start a new thread.

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply