How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

iktbay
Community Member

Hi,

I do not want to use Australia Post for non-delivery of anything ever again. The hour and a half I would need to spend collecting a parcel is costs me 3 times more than the item. Australia post never deliver parcels, only cards in your mailbox. 

I recently had a good experience with fast-away couriers. Is there some way I can filter or search for sellers who do not use Australia Post? Or, are sellers generally willing to negotiate price for an alternative delivery method?

If there is no way to purchase items on ebay without using Australia Post, then I guess I will just need to buy on Amazon, who DO actually deliver your items.

Thanks and regards,

iktbay

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

@iktbay wrote:

They are home at the time it states on the card. You do realize that the card contains a time 'We attempted to deliver', right? I have confirmed with my co-habitees that they were home at the time stated on the card. The last three cards had a fictious item number, so perhaps the delivery time was fictious also. As to whether my co-habitees are always home, I think that is none of your business.

I'm pretty sure that when I get carded, my cards just say something like "available for collection from "santa's workshiop" after 4pm.

I'm pretty sure that the AP cards have never said, we were here at 1.55pm, you weren;'t. so we carded you and you can collect your parcel from the PO after 4pm

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 51 of 68
Latest reply

@iktbay wrote:

One more thing I was going to add to the summary.

I spoke to a colleague at work today who regularly sells items on e-bay. He is not a merchant, but a regular seller. He was telling me that the changes to the feedback system that e-bay made recently have so skewed it in favour of the buyer that pretty much all sellers will only post receipted now. So, believe me, I understand WHY sellers now all use receipted delivery, my question is only how I can find sellers who do not use Australia Post.

move to New Zealand.

BTW, all parcels now come with tracking from AP, but I get very few where a signature is required. Maybe before you bid, ask the seller if they use click and send, as this offers seller protection without the specific need for SOD

Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

@iktbay wrote:

MA000038 - Road Transport and Distribution Award 2010

https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/ccmsv8/CiLiteKnowledgeDetailsFrameset.htm?KNOWLEDGE_REF=216332&TYPE=X&...

$17.31 for Grade 1. Sorry, allow me to be more specific. At $1 per parcel, a Grade 1 Transport worker would need to deliver 17.31 parcels per hour to make minimum wage, or 1 parcel every 3.466204 minutes, or if decimal is not your thing, 1 parcel every 3 minutes, 27 seconds, 972 milliseconds.

It might be a good idea if you read that legislation in order to discover exactly who it applies to.....

Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

I am assuming here that although you work (as I do) you have the odd day off over the upcoming holidays, and might be able to give your postie the heads up that you're not happy. Even writing an email to Australia Post via their website could help.

Good luck with everything, an alternative address is a good suggestion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

IF anyone is interested Australia Post Couriers work under the Courier and Taxi Truck Award and if there are not enough parcels on their run to make minimum guaranteed wages they are paid on hourly hire basis.

Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

Just a funny last word  - i was reading yesterday that Amazon workers in the US have gone on strike, Boston at least. Amazon was mentioned somewhere or other in these posts. So cheers to those workers at Amazon and merry xmas to all.

Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

Amazon is trialling drop drones to crash land parcels on your front lawn.

That sounds a lot worse than anything AP could do to (most) parcels.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

This might seam a little to logical, but as I work 8-6 and will never be home for deliveries, I do something really crazy and use my work address.

Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

Amber, somehow I don't think Amazon's new mode of delivery will be very popular in Afghanistan or northern Pakistan... 😉
Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

I get you cq. I doubt it would be popular with anyone who likes to sit outside with a quiet drink either 🙂

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply