How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

iktbay
Community Member

Hi,

I do not want to use Australia Post for non-delivery of anything ever again. The hour and a half I would need to spend collecting a parcel is costs me 3 times more than the item. Australia post never deliver parcels, only cards in your mailbox. 

I recently had a good experience with fast-away couriers. Is there some way I can filter or search for sellers who do not use Australia Post? Or, are sellers generally willing to negotiate price for an alternative delivery method?

If there is no way to purchase items on ebay without using Australia Post, then I guess I will just need to buy on Amazon, who DO actually deliver your items.

Thanks and regards,

iktbay

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: How do I find sellers that do not use australia post?

Bit OT but why would AP staff be underpaid . They are paid award wages aren't they ? Just wondering 🙂
Message 21 of 68
Latest reply

I think Boris was trolling.The bottom line appears to be, unless you have an hour and a half during business hours to waste collecting your parcel, don't buy on ebay.

Message 22 of 68
Latest reply

Maybe I have misunderstood you.

You claim AP never knock on the door but always card.

But you then claim you are at work all day. Which might explain why they card.

One of us is confused.

Message 23 of 68
Latest reply

Great observation Dave regarding the “I am at work all day” comment this so called blogger made. They just shot themselves in the foot. “Do’h!”
Message 24 of 68
Latest reply

How do you expect them to get a signature if no one is home? Stop paying for signature on delivery and the parcel will be on your doorstep when you get home.

Message 25 of 68
Latest reply

How do I "stop paying for signature on delivery"? That option was not offered when I purchased the item. Is there a secret way to choose another delivery method I am not aware of?

Message 26 of 68
Latest reply

I believe this should be in reply to iktbay, not me.

I have a PO box and receive everything I buy.

Message 27 of 68
Latest reply

The only assumption I publicly expressed was that you would be able to explain the inconsistency in your story.

As you have chosen to play the member rather than the issue, I'm going to assume you can't. I doubt I will be proven wrong.

And  I assume I am regretting defending you earlier.

Message 28 of 68
Latest reply

“Hello, everyone. This thread is getting a little off-topic and interpersonal. Could we please bring the discussion back to a more civil tone. Thanks!”

Message 29 of 68
Latest reply

There is no inconsistency in my story. I do not live alone. I do not have a front door, I have a security intercom that couriers seem to have no trouble operating.

Message 30 of 68
Latest reply