How do I report buyer for using a sniping program/app?

So how do I report someone who was obviously using a sniping app/program?

I was bidding on something, went down to the last few minutes, I was the highest bidder then with literally 1 second to go the bids jump to just over my highest, so unless this "person" ( I don't consider them people) has impeccable timing, I call bulls**t.

When ever I bid on stuff as soon as someone goes over my highest bid I get a notice, this never happened, so the only conclusion is them sniping, and any responses I see saying otherwise will be ignored.

So ebay, why do you let scum like this use your service, they should be banned for life for being  who can't  be content with being like the rest of us and instead make me and others want to do bodily harm to them.

So fix this, it isn't fair on people, I know you don't care, you get your money either way, but come one, you letting "people" do this is why so many people are leaving ebay, or not using the bidding system.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No one helped, my replies keep getting deleted by mods.

View solution in original post

Message 37 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Nothing to report.

Snipe programs are perfectly legit.

I use one to bid when I am not on the computer and it happens to bid in the last few seconds so shill bidding cannot occur.

I get sick of people like yourself accusing and name calling just because you don't know how it works.

You can just bid your max and when the time a bid is made is of no consequence.

If you win, you win, if not you were never going to win no matter when a bid is placed.

Now just waiting for an apology or are you gutless ?

image host
Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha

really?

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

As Kopes has said, it's perfectly legit to use a sniping program, no different to bidding for somebody else who's not on eBay, or bidding in the last few seconds of an auction.

G'day eezi.........................hope you get better soon hahahaha

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

I'm ok now padi although I nearly choked from laughing to much

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

Make sure you diligently clean the screen and keyboard eezi                 original.gif

Spoiler
Probably all sorts of critters lurking there now....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

@dallas_grant wrote:

So how do I report someone who was obviously using a sniping app/program?

I was bidding on something, went down to the last few minutes, I was the highest bidder then with literally 1 second to go the bids jump to just over my highest, so unless this "person" ( I don't consider them people) has impeccable timing, I call bulls**t.

When ever I bid on stuff as soon as someone goes over my highest bid I get a notice, this never happened, so the only conclusion is them sniping, and any responses I see saying otherwise will be ignored.

So ebay, why do you let scum like this use your service, they should be banned for life for being scummy little a**holes who can't  be content with being like the rest of us and instead make me and others want to do bodily harm to them.

So fix this, it isn't fair on people, I know you don't care, you get your money either way, but come one, you letting "people" do this is why so many people are leaving ebay, or not using the bidding system.

I agree, it sounds like a sniping program.

I used to get a bit frustrated too when i would wait for an auction to finish, then put in a bid in the last 20 seconds, only to be outbid literally on the last second.

Anyone bidding manually would be hard pressed to time it that closely.

I know people say-put in your highest bid, but sometimes you do feel if it is just a matter of 50c you would have been willing to go up a dollar or so more.

But it is all perfectly legal etc. It's a bit weird I must admit as if everyone used it we'd see no bids for 7 days then all of them trying to be placed in the last second.

My best advice is to do what I do. I joined a sniping program where the first 3 snipes are free before you have to join. I have used two. One won, one didn't. A person will only win with a sniping bid if their bid is higher.

It's good though as you don't have to be home sitting on your computer at an inconvenient time.

Most items seem to be moving to buy it now anyway but for auctions, my best advice would be

-join a sniping program

or

-put in your absolutely best bid in the hour before it ends. On no account days before. In the last hour or so.

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Some people just haven't got a clue how things work  -  legitimately!

What a lousy loser

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

springy, you're a saint. images.png

image host
Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

Oh dear a sore loser!!!!!
You have the exact same option to snipe as anyone else.

Like the footy today the highest amount wins 🙂

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply