How do I retrieve post that was 'autosaved'?

Help please, for some reason I got shut out when I tried to post a (long) reply, and now I can't back page to get it. How do I acess autosave for it?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

cq_tech
Community Member
Click on your user ID at the top left of the page and if you're really lucky, it will be at the top-right of your "About modestbods" page, beneath the heading which says Autosaved Drafts. However, it doesn't always work and chances are that it's lost forever. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Click on your user ID at the top left of the page and if you're really lucky, it will be at the top-right of your "About modestbods" page, beneath the heading which says Autosaved Drafts. However, it doesn't always work and chances are that it's lost forever. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks cq, I had just tried there a few minutes ago, but click all I like it won't retrieve (like you suggested might be the case), I tried a previous autosave for a different thread & it worked fine. I then checked the boards and realized the thread is gone completely.

I'm guessing it was removed by a mod, it was a thread from horizon (iirc) re: questioning a seller of coins with only 88% fb. They didn't name them though, so I'm not sure why it would have been removed. A mods selling account/friend/family perhaps?

I was about to post a well researched reply telling the OP that imo the seller looks very legit and detailing why...

.. oh well, there's over half an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks modster. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I'm not so convinced it was removed by a mod, as I've lost a number of posts over the past several months, mainly very long PMs during which I've timed out so that when I go to post, I get the dreaded "Authentication Mismatch" error, and although this has happened on at least 7 or 8 occasions, I've only been able to retrieve my Autosaved messages twice, despite all of them having been autosaved several times each during writing. I believe the problem is far more likely to be really buggy code, as this is far from being the most sophisticated software I've ever used.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

'm guessing it was removed by a mod, it was a thread from horizon (iirc) re: questioning a seller of coins with only 88% fb. They didn't name them though, so I'm not sure why it would have been removed. A mods selling account/friend/family perhaps?

I was answering on the same topic,  So you were not alone

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I managed to get in an answer. I couldn't see anything wrong with the listing or previous sold listings. Strange that it was removed
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I was answering on the same topic,  So you were not alone

Frustrating huh.

In space no one can hear you scream. Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

horror smiley.gif            Look at that.............seems you're right

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

There is a way to get a missing post back after the Authentication Mismatch message.

Go to the original thread, find the post that you were answering and click on Reply again.  You will get the reply box with the Load or Discard message above it.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Tried that in PMs Lyndal but it has never worked for me.

I've lost some very long and involved PMs as a result. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply