How do i ask seller for a tax invoice to be provided with purchased item?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: How do i ask seller for a tax invoice to be provided with purchased item?

mck-1964
Community Member

@ebay Can you update the system to enable Australian companies to be able to request a valid ATO-approved tax invoice? Alibaba has ensured that GST is paid in Australia for sold goods, and I think Ebay should also comply with Australian ATO tax laws.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@mck-1964 wrote:

@ebay Can you update the system to enable Australian companies to be able to request a valid ATO-approved tax invoice? Alibaba has ensured that GST is paid in Australia for sold goods, and I think Ebay should also comply with Australian ATO tax laws.

You would need to contact ebay directly and ask them. You aren't contacting them here. Go to the help page and scroll to the bottom for the contact options.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Hi, 

Is your ebay account personal or business? I couldn't see any gst on my payment or receipt. I am using a personal account to buy items for my business. 

Thanks

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Aside from the fact that Lyn passed away a couple of years ago, it doesn't matter if your account is personal or business - what matters is if the seller is an Australian business registered for GST with an ABN etc.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

My sellers are Chinese sellers, not Australian. Therefore, Ebay collects GST from them. However, I can not see any GST in payment or check out or receipt. I contacted these Chinese sellers and they said they couldn't offer any tax invoices. 

I asked Ebay consultants and they advised me to register for a business account to see tax invoices rather than using a personal account. However, I have to pay the fee as an Ebay-seller even I do not sell anything. 

I am not sure if with a business account, I could have a tax invoice or not. Is it worth to create a business account?

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

No, don't create a business account.

You aren't going to get a tax invoice from China because they don't pay taxes in Australia.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Ya took the words right out of my mouth keyboard Sons...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply