How do i know whether my package is coming from china or not?

So i order a watch from last week and seller sent it 51 minutes later. However because the address being parcel collect adress, i thought i should get notified it is coming but there isn't so i deemed i must be sent by a street PO Box. But it has been a week and still no notification that my package has been sorted and there only be a possibility that it comes from China. But i still need to wait till next week in order to claim to ebay. Is there anyway i can find out whether my watch is coming from China or not because i still want it but i'm afraid it might never arrive and seller keeps telling me to wait.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Even if it coming from the next town in Australia it could still take two weeks. it is too early to panic. What is the item number of the watch you bought and maybe we can give you some advice.

Latest reply

luihoan_0, Go to the item that you purchased, and click onto the seller's username in your purchase history. If the information states "Based in China, [seller] has been an eBay member since [...]", chances are very high that your parcel is coming from China.

Nonetheless, your item may very well still be on its way.

If the seller provided you with a tracking number, enter the tracking number into the Australia Post tracking page.

IMPORTANT: If you only ordered this item (a watch) last week, it would be very unlikely that you'd already have received this parcel. When you look at your purchase history, you will certainly see "Estimated delivery" dates beneath the item, but these are wildly unrealistic. They are not provided by the seller; they are not provided by Australia Post or any other delivery/courier company; they are provided only by eBay, and eBay do not take into account many factors that affect delivery time.

Please do not take eBay's estimated delivery information as gospel.

It would be unfair buyer behaviour if you opened a "claim to ebay" as you have mentioned, at the first available instant. You mention that you "still need to wait till next week" to do this; that is really not being fair to the seller at all. Give the parcel a more realistic timeframe before you start to worry.

ALSO IMPORTANT: You should definitely keep an eye on the this purchase, and perhaps add a note to your purchase with a date that is perhaps two weeks before the ability to open a case on eBay ends. That way, you will have given the parcel a decent amount of time to arrive, and still given yourself plenty of time to open a case.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Is it the seller that gave you your last feedback.? If so they are registered in China and have shocking feedback.

Although they say their items are in Darwin, it's common pretense by Chinese sellers to misrepresent the item location.

If buying from a high-volume seller with less than 99.5% feedback be wary of them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@luihoan_0 wrote:

So i order a watch from last week and seller sent it 51 minutes later. However because the address being parcel collect adress, i thought i should get notified it is coming but there isn't so i deemed i must be sent by a street PO Box. But it has been a week and still no notification that my package has been sorted and there only be a possibility that it comes from China. But i still need to wait till next week in order to claim to ebay. Is there anyway i can find out whether my watch is coming from China or not because i still want it but i'm afraid it might never arrive and seller keeps telling me to wait.

If an Australia Post tracking number has been generated but it has not yet had a scan that results in the package showing as "in transit", the probability that the item is being shipped from elsewhere and will use the AP tracking number after it gets here increases.

If the purchase was 'shipped' less than an hour after being paid for, and yet has an estimated delivery date of 2+ weeks in the future, the probability that the item is being shipped from elsewhere increases.

If the seller isn't concerned that the item is not showing any tracking (in transit) events a week or more after shipping, and is registered in China, the probability that the item is being shipped from elsewhere increases.

There are no absolutes in a situation like this, but as you can see, there are things that - when occurring together - indicate high probabilities. 

That being said, if the ebay ETA is for next week, that would have been showing on the listing before you purchased, so the seller is right to ask you to wait. I know we all like our items to arrive super fast, but if a listing says it won't arrive for 2 weeks, you should believe it, and then if it arrives sooner, be happily surprised. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

If it is the seller in your last feedback, I will call it now and say it is sent from China. While there are Chinese sellers who have agents in Sydney and send from there, I doubt very much too many have agents in Darwin.

When you get your watch and see that it is from China, call ebay and report the item for item location misrepresentation. It will have more effect than just reporting the item through ebay online.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@melbourneclearance wrote:

When you get your watch and see that it is from China, call ebay and report the item for item location misrepresentation. It will have more effect than just reporting the item through ebay online.

..................and eBay Australia will say it's eBay China's problem so will pass the buck, and eBay China don't give a rat's ar$e........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Some Indian sellers I reported for item location misrepresentation were taken off. Not sure about the Chinese ones I reported, there have been so many I lost track who is who.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Hmmm... That leads one to wonder... What is so valueless about a rat's derriรจre? Admittedly, it's small, but you could probably make a small bag out of it (once the rat has expired and is pushing up the daisies).

You could keep salt in it; sugar in it; if we thought big, perhaps hide one or two uncut diamonds in it (if they're not absolutely enormous).

The Ratte Bumbag - small but mighty.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply