How do l get rid of Watch Reminder ?

Hello, Could somebody please tell me how to get rid of or remove this Watch Reminder, that keeps appearing whenever l go to the Buying page.  I never asked to have it appear ????

Any help would be great, thanks. C.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do l get rid of Watch Reminder ?

go-tazz
Community Member

The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the item in your watch list,(I've reduced my watch list to two from the ten

odd items that I used to have in it for that reason).

I hardly use the watch list now for items that I may buy as it's just to annoying,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Facebook has done a similar thing by putting items from your groups as suggested items in your news feed,(I

would not buy a single item that they have shown me as none match what I search for).

So I've reduced the number of groups that I'm part of due to their interference.

To me it's junk and spam and it shouldn't be on any site.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can't as it's another one of ebays helping hand so to speak just to let you know that the item is about to end and that

you need to hurry up and buy/bid lol.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the item in your watch list,(I've reduced my watch list to two from the ten

odd items that I used to have in it for that reason).

I hardly use the watch list now for items that I may buy as it's just to annoying,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Facebook has done a similar thing by putting items from your groups as suggested items in your news feed,(I

would not buy a single item that they have shown me as none match what I search for).

So I've reduced the number of groups that I'm part of due to their interference.

To me it's junk and spam and it shouldn't be on any site.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you tazz, you took the words out of my mouth, could not have said it better myself. Cheers, C.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Facebook group notifications can be turned off from your feed.

If random items still appear, you can check hide and then hide all from this group.

The most annoying eBay ones cannot.  Even if you select NO NOTIFICATIONS on the mobile app. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Facebook group notifications can be turned off from your feed.

I have that in place.

If random items still appear, you can check hide and then hide all from this group.

Nope,they've changed that to the x,(Remove) to get rid of it in your current feed but another add will appear

in your next feed,(I presume in response to people doing the : hide all from this group.

It's Spam so I don't want to see it,(it should have a spam option so that it can be reported).

The most annoying eBay ones cannot.  Even if you select NO NOTIFICATIONS on the mobile app. 

I used to buy on a fairly regular basis but haven't bought anything for over two months now as I find their

interference to annoying,(not many items in my watch list means not many items I may want),Who knows.gif

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Facebook posts have reporting links to report spam. 

If the option to report is not one of the immeadiately available options, then you need to select hide post, you should then get an option to report the post. 

These options are on the top right corner of facebooks posts.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Facebook posts have reporting links to report spam. 

If the option to report is not one of the immeadiately available options, then you need to select hide post, you should then get an option to report the post. 

These options are on the top right corner of facebooks posts.

Those options are not on the Suggested items,(it only has the X,(remove),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Here's one for the books,deleted watched items and quess what?

I'm still getting watched reminders lol

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@didawaywith wrote:

Here's one for the books,deleted watched items and quess what?

I'm still getting watched reminders lol

I couldn't work out how they were actually doing that as I deleted one item and it showed up as a reminder

nearly a week later,tease.gif

Obviously another "glitch" that needs fixed,(so it wont be off course),Whistle.gif

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply