How do you post item back to seller under MBG?

First time user today of Ebay's Money back Guarantee as either buyer or seller and I need some help please.

Purchased a Country Road New With Tags ladies vest buy it now last week. It arrived today - no tags what so ever - no brand label inside neck (you can see where it has been unpicked though) no care / fabric content labels - nothing. 
Vest is definitely not Country Road.
Contacted seller about refunding as item was not as described but they quickly replied - no refunds!

I opened a return request for item being different to what was advertised and after great explanation to seller that he could not say no refunds in this instance, they have offered a one of return as a gesture of good will - ha ha.

So they have accepted the return with a message that they are leaving the country on Wednesday but will process refund when they return on the 26th of June.

Interestingly the address they have provided for return is a street address and the address on the rear of the parcel that arrived today is a PO box.

Anyway, my question is - they have no provided a return shipping label obviously, so how do I return the vest without having to pay upfront for postage.
If I do pay upfront for postage, how do I get reimbursed for it?

Thanks in advance -dresscode2479

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How do you post item back to seller under MBG?

I think you should escalate this to a claim straight away to avoid it being strung out over time limits for refunds etc . State that the seller first refused a return (which they can't do for an item not as described under Aust law, regardless of what the put in a listing). In this instance you are also entitled to return postage costs. And supplying a different address also sounds dodgy. Let eBay take over and in all likelihood, your money will be refunded and eBay will chase the seller for the refund and their selling account will receive a defect (as it should).

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Unless the seller sends you a pre paid return label with trackiing you would end up paying for ther return and even if they did provide it you would likely not get a refund.

Please go through the ebay MBG system so you are sure of a free return and a full refund.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Ok now I am really confused.
I did initiate the claim through ebay and the seller has approved my return request through ebay.

The Ebay page now says:

Seller approved your return request

"time to send the item back"

" Next steps:

1. Contact seller to get a return label. The seller will pay for shipping.

2. Print and add details of the returned item.

3. You should receive a refund within 6 days of delivery."

There is no option to escalate it because seller has agreed to return.
I have contacted seller about return label and have not received a response and I doubt I will.

Seller has supplied the street address for return through ebay so that doesn't worry me too much  - maybe I should just send it back through Aus post click and send so i at least have proof of posting and tracking.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I think you should phone eBay (use Help & Contact at the bottom of the page and follow through the endless prompts until you get to the phone number and the one-time code to use) and explain to someone exactly what is going on - refer them to your communications with the seller (they can see anything via eBay's message system) and point out the stuff about them going away and doing the refund when they get back etc. I wouldn't be posting to any address other than the original and I wouldn't be paying for the return either - you may be throwing good money after bad! All of eBays buyer protection and MBG policies rely on correct following of procedures - any deviation may lose your protection.

Phone eBay and find out how to proceed and maintain your own protection - dodgy sellers get away with this sort of thing by manipulating buyers.

Marina.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Marina, I think I will have to ring Ebay - I was trying to avoid that as I always seem to get the wrong information from Customer Service operators who don' t seem to be very knowledgeable in Australian processes.
::::::)
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

If you don't get satisfaction from the first rep just ask to speak to a supervisor - it's been years since I've got anywhere with the first line reps (not blaming them but I don't think they're properly trained or empowered). I generally find the supervisors nuch more across the way things work.

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

How did you get on Dresscode, Did you ring ebay?
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Harley, on hold on the phone to customer service now. 
My wait time was originally 5 minutes then announcement saying it was now 2 minutes ........... that was 20 minutes ago
๐Ÿ˜ž

I may hsang up and use the feature that gets them to call me instead. 
Lucky I have a hands free and at least am able to be getting some book work done ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

It must be my lucky day - I actually got a helpful CS operator and with relatively good English - yeah!

So the seller has 6 days from approving return request to supply return shipping label or alternative method for me to return item. 

If the seller has not done so (and I can't image he will do so as he is out of the country from today till the end of the month),  on the 7th day, I can apparently get ebay to step in and request return shipping from him again  - this time with a strict deadline. If seller does not comply, Ebay return my $$$ without me having to return item. 

Although not too happy at having to wait until next week before I can take any further action, at least I know the process now.

Thanks every one for your help and suggestions
Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply