How to block a seller

Hi there,

I'm being flooded with items from a seller that I have no interest in purchasing from.

I'm sick of having to wade through their listings to find ones that I'm looking for.

How do I block them from my page?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

How to block a seller

If you are "following" them, unfollow them. If you're not following them and you have bought from them before, kindly ask them to stop sending you emails. If they don't, report them to eBay for spamming you. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can block a seller's listings from showing if you go to the left hand side

of the page and click on 'More refinements'

Then click 'seller'

Make sure you click on 'Only show items from'....and then click on 'specific sellers'

And make sure you click 'apply when you're finished.

You can add more than one seller by putting a comma between them

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

My apologies, I misread your post. I thought you were getting spammed by someone you'd bought from. Ignore what I said and do what Stawks said.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

Thanks for the replies.

It doesn't seem to work permanently though. Just for the session.

Anyhow thanks for the help.

Cheers, Wayne.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

If it's the same things you are searching for each time, you can save that search and then access it next time under advanced search. That way you don't have to do the options thing each time.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

SO wish there was a way to permanently block a seller's results from appearing - there's one in particular whose listings come up under just about any search you do - his items usually have the phrase "old large historic photo" in the title; they're all ink-jet prints of images filched from various websites, none of which are "old", none of which are "photos", and none of which he owns.

He has literally thousands of listings, and they spam almost every search I do, to the point where I now routinely add "-historic" to the end of each search term to try and prevent having to wade through his rubbish to see legitimate items.

Should be a simple matter of two or three clicks, and never bothered again - but, hey, this is eBay, where common sense never applies...

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

Yeah exactly. It's ridiculous that you can't do this. There are about 10 different users, some of which I believe to be the same seller, literally flooding the search. You should be able to right click on the user name and choose a block option, which would permanently get rid of these nuisance sellers, but like you said, nothing Facebook does rarely makes any common sense, and trying to get in touch with someone to make a suggestion of any kind is like pulling teeth. I think it's set up this way deliberately because they don't give a toss what anyone thinks.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

I'm not sure "performance" but I think if you put in -sellers name (with a space before the minus) at the end of the search it will filter them out.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

How to block a seller

OK people, this is what I do -

I block the sellers as per my instructions above  (I have 3 that I don't want to see in the same category).

Then I save that search to favourites and then search from there, using that bookmark, every time.

They are always blocked that way, and I don't have to do it every time.

Simples 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply