How to escalate to ebay if seller doesnt respond to my email if posted

andriopp
Community Member

I have purchased an item from the USA and contacted the seller on 3 occasions to check if they have posted - no reponse.  they dont have any items for sale and zero feedback and now I am worried 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can't escalate 'the seller did not answer my email'

Did you indeed email them or go through eBay messages?

How long have they been a member?

If they are brand new they may not even know they have a message, or may not have logged in since selling /posting

How long ago did you buy the item?

What was the estimated delivery date?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Open a case for item not received to get your money back.

Don't let it time out.  Ask ebay to step in as soon as the case allows.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just experienced the same thing myself.Purchased multiple items from the same US seller on March 30th.

I have sent 2 emails requesting if items are posted as he has not marked them as so.He has ignored both messages via ebay.Unfortunately I have to wait until 31st of April before I can lodge my case.IMO not good enough! Why ebay allows this kind of behaviour is just so wrong on SO many levels. This seller has multiple negatives for non delivery and non response to emails...Very poor effort on ebays behalf allowing this kind of contempt towards buyers .

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

eBay doesn't 'allow' it to happen, you have the tools to protect yourself.

Why on earth did you purchase from a seller with so many negatives for the problem you are now facing?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You'll be waiting a long time till you can make a claim if it is the 31st April.

Seriously though, I know where you're coming from but without seeing the seller's actual record, it is hard to say.

I am assuming though that in amongst the negs, there must also be quite a few positives, times when the seller has come through and satisfied the buyers.

Ebay seems to allow these sellers to continue.

I suspect if a seller never delivered to any buyers at all though, their account would not last too long.

I have to say ebay allows some pretty pathetic bidders (non payers) to continue on their way too, much to the frustration of some sellers.

All you can do is lodge a claim when the time comes and let your feedback reflect your experience. I agree with you that sellers who don't answer messages are  not doing a satisfactory job at all. But it is possible that the seller has in fact sent the item, even if he hasn't replied to queries.

You'll soon know though and be able to take it from there.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You can open a case if the item does not arrive by the estimated delivery date, not if the seller does not reply, although when you leave feedback there is a star rating for communication.

When exactly have you purchased the item?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply