How to open a close case

jeada-3494
Community Member
I bought a bag in eBay unfortunately I got fooled . Seller said it was authentic but looks so fake. Got authentication if it’s real. The results was counterfeit. I send the bag back. Seller abused me. Would not refund 1,200 of my money. I report to eBay. To my shock eBay would not give me a refund and close my case! I don’t know how to complain to eBay. eBay protect dodge seller.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How to open a close case

When you contacted eBay, did you provide your proof it was fake?

If so, get onto Live Chat and point this out, provide it again if you have to

Since you have it, you need to use it

Did you open a case before returning it?  And what kind of case did you open ?

Did you contact the seller prior to returning it?

ebay not not protect sellers, but they will close any case if the buyer does not follow the proper procedure

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I agree with sandypebbles.

Also, in the worst case, if you funded with purchase with a credit card, you can contact you bank for a chargeback.

There is a fee for the seller in these cases, so if you feel inclined, you can tell the seller your intentions and see if they give you the money back "voluntarily".

Also, did you send the item back with tracking as per requirements?

There's so much information missing from this story.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Try opening a PayPal claim.  You will need to provide evidence of return shipping (post office receipt with tracking). 

failing that you can try ACORN, online fraud if the seller won't refund your money.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

jeada-3494
Community Member
Yes I send the bag back. The seller received it. eBay close my account despite informing them about the fraud. I send the authentication proof. I did not pay with PayPal I paid with Afterpay. That’s a mistake. I report it to my Cc and they are investigating it. Thank you all for your reply. To my surprise eBay remove my negative comment to the seller and this seller has still 100% good feedback! I can’t believe that.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

jeada-3494
Community Member
The seller said he/ she would refund my money. The seller also called me names and gave me his personal email. I didn’t reply to his abusive behaviour and I did not contact him.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

jeada-3494
Community Member
Thanks just waiting for my Cc. If I don’t get refund I will try ACORN. Thank you
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

jeada-3494
Community Member
I follow procedures. Everything. Big disappointment.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@jeada-3494 wrote:
The seller said he/ she would refund my money. The seller also called me names and gave me his personal email. I didn’t reply to his abusive behaviour and I did not contact him.

If the seller offered a refund, why would you ignore them?Give them the chance to do the right thing.

You now have an email address for direct contact, use it, and ask politely for a refund and ask for the estimated date the money will be credited to your CCard.

It will be a lot quicker than waiting on a charge back, which isn't guaranteed anyway.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@jeada-3494 wrote:
Thanks just waiting for my Cc. If I don’t get refund I will try ACORN. Thank you

If you used Afterpay how can your credit card provider do a chargeback?

And ACORN cannot get your money back....they will only have the seller on their radar in the hope that they will not do it again.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply