How to open a dispute via Ebay INSTEAD of via PayPal?

Hi there,

I've paid for an item on the 29th Jan '14 and the seller informed me that they have sent item on the 30th.

I am from NSW, Australia and the seller is from NSW, Australia as well.

Then estimated delivery is: on or before Mon. 3 Feb. per eBay FAST 'N FREE

And I have yet to received it.

I've messaged seller many times to asked about the delivery but instead they asked me to check with the post office!

I want to put this into a dispute but was told by Ebay that to open a dispute via PayPal. Yes, i've paid via PayPal using a credit care BUT I do not have a PayPal account.

Can I have a dispute without going thru PayPal but Ebay? 

But I cant seem to find the dispute section on Ebay. Can someone pls guide me?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

a dispute with ebay will not help you to get your item anyway, eBay cannot enforce the contract.

By paying with payPal you have buyer protection. You must have payed as a guest, and I'm sorry, I don't know how that works, so if someone doesn't come along who knows then maybe give Paypal a call and ask them what to do.

This is their number

1800 073 263 (toll free)
+61 2 8223 9500

but you might need to access it yourself through the PayPal page (there is a contact us link right down the bottom of the pages) because getting that number generated a 6 digit code to enter, and that code was only for me and expires soon, so you MIGHT need one of your own. but it's a free call, so you have nothing to lose by trying first?

In saying that, eBay's "fast and free" is puff. They cannot control how long Australia Post takes to deliver an item, and nor can the seller.

So maybe you do need to check with the post office? Do you have a tracking number?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

This link explains the resolution centre and provides another link to take you right there

Resolving transaction problems in the Resolution Centre

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

From what I can make out by reading the PayPal site, you will need to create a PayPal account in order to view your transactions and thus raise a payPal claim.

If you're going to continue trading on eBay, then a PayPal account is a good thing, as most sellers offer it as a method of payment, and it (along with paymate and merchant credit card) is the safest method of making payment.

You have no buyer protection at all if you just deposit money into people's bank account.

No item sold on eBay.au has ebay buyer protection. so if the account used to purchase the item is registered in Australia, that's how it is. It's a legal thing, not an ebay thing.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Joanne, if you paid by PayPal as a guest, then all you have to do is open a PayPal account then you can use their dispute process for the guest payment.

Spoiler
raise you by 2 farmyards Crikey.....................slow typer too...............sigh

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Have you checked at the post office ?? A card may not have been left.

If you have - Have you advised the seller that you have.

Most of my missing parcels enquiries fron buyers are related to AP not carding them as they should.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

Joanne, if you paid by PayPal as a guest, then all you have to do is open a PayPal account then you can use their dispute process for the guest payment.

Spoiler
raise you by 2 farmyards Crikey.....................slow typer too...............sigh

There you go Joanne, you just need to open a PayPal account. It's free, and pretty quick to do.

For less hassles in the future, IMO, it's a good idea to link your ebay and PayPal accounts as well. heaps easier if you pay by PayPal and want to raise a dispute of some kind.

It's also good to make sure you read their Terms and Conditions so that you understand exactly what their Buyer and Seller Protection does cover.

best of luck with everything.

Spoiler
What? No partridge in the pear tree yet?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You must open a paypal account in order to make a claim in the Resolution Centre.

You must use exactly the same details and card as you used to pay as a guest.  The original transaction should then appear in your new account and you will be able to open a dispute.

But you definitely need to check with your post office first as the seller asked.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hi Joanne have you asked the seller for a copy of the postage receipt.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hi Joanne, i keep no money in Paypal and only pay as i buy through the visa card, but i still used them for dispute resolution.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply