I HATE That Damned App!!!

What is up with the stinking app that EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to do something on it, it wants me to sign in. If I open it, it's OK and I can check watch list, or listings, but as soon as I try to do anything, it logs me out and takes me to the sign in page. Just now, I had a watch item on countdown, no bids, 7 seconds to go I hit confirm, straight to the sign in page.

I couldn't get to my computer which is why I resorted to the phone. That's over a dozen times today it's sent me straight to the sign in page. It's become a real common occurrance lately and it's really pishing me off.

Thankfully the item relisted, but it's now got 7 days to go again.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Classic view.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

By the time I realised it wasn't going to work, it was too late to open a browser and navigate to the classic view. 

The last few days I was communicating with a seller regarding an issue I had with the item I bought. I'd get notified of a new message. I'd click on it and get taken straight to the sign in page. I ended up waiting until I got home to reply to any more messages. 

I might have to uninstall and reinstall. I don't use the app that often, but I do find it useful for bidding if I'm not at home.

I just noticed the relisted item has a BIN attached to it now. It's only $6 higher than the opening bid, so I think I might go that way. It's something I've been chasing for a few years, so I'd be upset if I missed out. It's not something that comes up that often.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

What is up with the stinking app that EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to do something on it, it wants me to sign in. If I open it, it's OK and I can check watch list, or listings, but as soon as I try to do anything, it logs me out and takes me to the sign in page. Just now, I had a watch item on countdown, no bids, 7 seconds to go I hit confirm, straight to the sign in page.

I couldn't get to my computer which is why I resorted to the phone. That's over a dozen times today it's sent me straight to the sign in page. It's become a real common occurrance lately and it's really pishing me off.

Thankfully the item relisted, but it's now got 7 days to go again.

Why not use a snipe program?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I understand that eBay's IT department are not making the app a priority; I doubt that all of its glitches will ever be fixed.

Tippy*toes, perhaps you should forego the knuckle-clenching thrill of live manual last-second bidding! (Or at least, have your Gixen snipe ready to go in case you can't do your live bidding at the last moment.)

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I've always been a last minute snipe bidder, whether it be on my computer, or my phone via the app. Never had any issues.....until a few weeks ago when it started this constant send me to the login page when I try to do something. Like, how can it send me a message notifying me of something, then when I try to access the message, or page, it logs me out and wants me to log back in? It's completely ridiculous.

I update the app and it's still making me want to pull my hair out! At least tonight I was able to add something to my watch list without it wanting me to log in every 10 minutes. That's a start I guess.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Tippy, do smartphones suffer from the cache/cookie thing the same as computers ?  If they do is there some way to clear them and maybe solve the problem ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I think you clear manually for each app. I cleared eBay out last week. EBay and Facebook seem to hold so much garbage and end up using so much space because of cache. I haven't used it again, so might send a PM to myself from another account and see if it sends me to the login page after notifying me of a new message.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Just had a bit of a look and found this Tippy.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/05/top-10-best-android-cache-cleaning-apps.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the link Padster! Even after clearing cache, data etc, updated the app, rebooted the phone, it was still logging me out. So, I took the drastic step of uninstalling and reinstalling and it seems to have fixed the problem...........for now. I'll get Mr Tippy to send me a message later to test it again.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply