I Want To Buy An Item...But How ?

I want to buy an item listed on eBay. But the seller says they ONLY accept Paypal.

I don't have a Paypal account. I don't want to open a Paypal account.

Is there a way that I can buy this item without putting the seller at risk? Am I allowed to ask the seller if they will accept another payment method?

Any help ? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I Want To Buy An Item...But How ?

sorry, if you want to play on ebay, you will need to get used to the fact that most sellers use paypal.

No need to have a paypal account to buy an item though, you can pay by credit card.    Admittedly you have to go through the paypal gateway but it is very secure.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

OP knows how to do it full well, curraone.

They have an aversion to credit cards for online transactions, especially receiving payment in any way funded by same. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Admittedly you have to go through the paypal gateway but it is very secure.

Thanks for that...

So eBay and Paypal have taken the absolute most dangerous payment method ever devised by mankind and made it "very secure".

I don't want a credit card...I don't want to get a pre-paid credit card...I just want to buy this item and I have the warm friendly cash to pay for it...

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

well you cant   - looks like ebay is not for you Smiley Indifferent

perhaps going to flea markets is more  cash friendly.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

....and how do you propose to get this cash to the seller, assuming they would accept it?

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

You shouldn't post on here and then lie about it when their is evidence that you infact have a paypal account

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

There are unfortunately still a small number of buyers who prefer not to have buyer protection so there are still plenty of sellers who are happy to oblige and offer bank deposit so instead of airing your card phobia on the boards just look for and buy from them.

I have never had a problem with a Paypal or credit card payment on line and I have been using both for hundreds of purchases every year for longer than there has been an Australian Paypal site and I think I got my first credit card over 30 years ago..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

You sell and you dont have a paypal account????  Do you have credit card facilities for your buyers then?

Must say, the reply you left to your neg harms you far worse than your neg does, how disgusting to use that word in your reply!  Feedback you leave speaks volumnes about the type of person you are... I am afraid many buyers will no longer wish to deal with you upon reading that Woman Surprised

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Anybody who inhabits the boards certainly wouldn't.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply