I bought an Item for local pickup and seller isn't responding

Hey all, I recently bought an item off a seller around two weeks ago, Iit was for local pickup, however the seller hasn't contacted me since I bought the item. Ebay won't let me open a dispute either, What should I do?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The seller is probably waiting for you to contact them to organise a pickup or what ever can be done atm. Up to you to catch up not the seller.

Have you sent them a message requesting to organise this?

You just need to use the eBay message system to "talk" to them and hopefully you can arrange a mutually agreeable and manageable arrangement.

They could be feeling a bit uncomfortable about someone coming to their door atm because of the Virus, but perhaps they could leave by their door for you to collect, but don't forget to check it before you leave.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

As mentioned, you should contact them, if you have not done so, why would you open a dispute? 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

In this situation I would email the seller with my phone numbers (allowed by Ebay if you have paid for the item) and suggest a range of times I could be there to suit the seller.
At the moment I'd also suggest I'd be happy to ring them on arrival so they could put the item outside their front door or in a place they nominate, so I could pick up when they have gone back inside.
Hopefully your seller is OK and will answer quickly.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Just to make it clear, there is no need to pay for the item to pass on your phone number as cash on pick up is best.

As long as you have made a purchase send your number so seller can contact you or simply message in eBay asking for a pick up date n time if you don't want to give your number out.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@lacpate_71 wrote:

Hey all, I recently bought an item off a seller around two weeks ago, Iit was for local pickup, however the seller hasn't contacted me since I bought the item. Ebay won't let me open a dispute either, What should I do?

It is unusual that the seller hasn't contacted you at all. I certainly would have (had I been the seller), if only to find out what was going on.

But the buyer is also expected to do something after a pick up sale. You can't just sit back and wait for the universe to act, the pick up won't organise itself. You need to contact the seller and make an effort to get it sorted. That could mean, as others have said, mentioning several times you would be available to collect the item. Ask them when it would be convenient and what payment type they would prefer.

You may not be able to leave feedback if you haven't paid yet.

In your situation, I would contact the seller, see what response you get and go from there. They may ask for payment by paypal, they may want cash. If you contact them and get no response at all, I'd send a second message a couple of days later but I would hold off paying till you hear back.

If you never hear back after that, then do nothing, don't pay, just wait and be ready to write it off. Sometimes these things fall through.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Zorry for the late response, forgot to mention I have contacted the seller multiple times and haven't received a response

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

That happened to me once, wanted to pick up item from sellers address and all I got was a bloody run-around, if you keep contacting them they will most likely dig their heels right in, just a warning, and best of luck with it.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Try asking eBay customer service to check if the seller has shown any activity on their account since the sale (logging in etc). Some CS reps are happy to do this, and it can help you to work out whether a seller is likely ignoring you or is just slack or forgetful.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@lacpate_71 wrote:

Looking at the listing, given they mentioned spending over 7k for all the stuff, your winning bid was under $200, they likely weren't happy with the sale price. I don't really understand what was being sold, whether a physical product or voucher type thing? but was the winning price way under it's value? That seller also only has one feedback prior to yours. There was risk there anyway. Surely you know that

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply