I brought a DVDs and I recieved it today it was a burnt copy and not the one I thought I brought

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I brought a DVDs and I recieved it today it was a burnt copy and not the one I thought I brought

something that may of been an honest mistake

I hope that was tongue in cheek! Selling a burnt copy of a DVD is hardly something that would be an 'honest' mistake.

IMO they deserve a dispute opened against them and a big red neg regardless of them refunding or not.

If it was an Australian seller then there are other authorities you can report them to as well.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: I brought a DVDs and I recieved it today it was a burnt copy and not the one I thought I brought

You should have bought your DVD from ๐Ÿ˜›
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

From me*
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

It probably was not a "as you say" a burnt copy. You may be going out of your way to making up excuses about a perfectly good genuine item. If you thought it was a cheap nasty copy then ask the seller first before posting on the forum.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

It probably was not a "as you say" a burnt copy.

At most it was possibly not a burnt copy

You may be going out of your way to making up excuses about a perfectly good genuine item.

On the other hand  it is far more likely that the OPs concern is absolutely genuine. Buyers who are planning on ripping off their sellers do not usually come to the forum and call attenion to themsleves.

If you thought it was a cheap nasty copy then ask the seller first before posting on the forum.

If this was the OP's first experience of this kind of thing or even if they were simply uncertain of what the correct procedure is in a case like this, then it was actually very smart of them to come here for advice before committing themselves to any action.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
It probably was not a "as you say" a burnt copy. You may be going out of your way to making up excuses about a perfectly good genuine item. If you thought it was a cheap nasty copy then ask the seller first before posting on the forum.

Well this is one for the books.....Michelle telling a member not to post a concern on the boards when they have something to be concerned about.

Michelle, you post on the boards when you think you heard a courier but did not get your expected parcel.  I would say that is wasting boardies time.  The OP really does have something to be worried about.

And if it really is a burnt DVD the seller is hardly likely to admit it.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

something that may of been an honest mistake

I hope that was tongue in cheek! Selling a burnt copy of a DVD is hardly something that would be an 'honest' mistake.

IMO they deserve a dispute opened against them and a big red neg regardless of them refunding or not.

If it was an Australian seller then there are other authorities you can report them to as well.

Read what i said.

No i'm fair dinkum about trigger happy buyers. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

And if it really is a burnt DVD the seller is hardly likely to admit it.

Maybe not admit, it but if the sellers know their items are fakes, they will refund quickly and try and avoid a neg or the buyer opening a dispute.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply