I did't get an invoice from seller

Hi eBay,

I have one complaint with seller 
I paid for the mask on June 7th, and at the same time I left a message asking the seller to give me an invoice, but, so far, I still haven't gotten an invoice, I suspect that the seller doesn't have a legal registration, this is why they really don't have a legal invoice.
Please help me to get the invoice.

Thanks.

Luke

Details:

Time placed7 Jun 2022 at 9:29 PM
Order number20-08718-29276
TotalAU $83.26 (3 items)

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Malaysian seller with terrible feedback.

Unless the seller is an Australian seller with an ABN you won't get a tax invoice - I'm presuming that's what you're after - your invoice is your order details in your purchase history.

Edit. Not eBay CS here, just members like yourself.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

If the seller is not registered for Australian GST,  it is illegal for them to supply a tax invoice;

Just because you want one, does not mean you are entitled to one, so simply  use your ebay  transaction summary.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

in my experience, as both a buyer and a seller, a buyer requests an invoice before they pay.  They then use the link on the invoice to pay for the item.

If you paid by PayPal you can get a payment advice from your PayPal account, which will act as a payment receipt.  From memory, there is a “print version” link within the payment advice to get a single page printout.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

As the others have said, you won’t get a tax invoice from a seller in Malaysia. If you did, it would be some trumped-up fake.

Additionally, I would never buy masks from some unknown seller in Malaysia. They are not likely in the slightest to reach Australian standards set by the TGA. 

When it comes to medical grade masks or P2/N95 masks, it’s too important a matter to buy from someone on eBay of unknown provenance.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You say you suspect the seller does not have legal registration and yet you want to insist they do something illegal by giving you a tax invoice. Hmmmm

They cannot give you one, since they are not in Australia 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

You paid $83 for 3 masks? You do realise that they are a dime a dozen these days, from Bunnings, supermarkets, chemists, pretty much anywhere. In fact, those establishments are in over their heads with masks and can't sell the excessive amounts they stocked up on. Getting an invoice is the least of your worries.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Apart from the fact you purchased from Malaysia.

Just print up the order details or the PP payment details - they'll do as a purchase - if for tax purposes.

There is a difference between an Invoice & a Tax Invoice.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

ghryst
Community Member

You dont have to be legally registered in any way to provide an Invoice.
An lawful invoice can be as simple as "i [my name], sold [this thing] to [your name], for an amount of [price], on [date].
Maybe you are referring to a Tax Invoice? thats a whole other kettle of fish, and requirements will vary from country to country, and as you were not intelligent enough to include this essential information (the country your query relates to), no one is going to be able to give you accurate advice..
This is an international website, not your local backwater community noticeboard.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

"a buyer requests an invoice before they pay" - that would be a "ProForma Invoice" that you're talking about, which is nothing more than a Quote in laymans' terms, not an invoice, and certainly not a Tax Invoice. an Invoice is a legal document that records that a transaction has already taken place, and a Tax Invoice is a legally prescribed document containing information regarding tax obligations.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply