I got a bargain and the seller is ignoring me -_-

I won an auction for two large server cabinets (basically a cabinet that networking equipment is housed in).

I was lucky enough to win the listing for $1 a bargain! considering these sized cabinets including the gear inside would usually go for around $300-$500 "I assume the seller could've advertised them better".

This is where my luck ran out because I have sent multiple messages to the member and it's been 3 days without any form of response. Obviously i will continue to wait but I am curious of the "legal" bindings/requirements for buying or selling items on eBay.
Just because the seller listed it's starting price so low and it happened to sell for that amount does not seem like an adequate excuse to blatantly ignore me..

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I got a bargain and the seller is ignoring me -_-

Nobody can force a seller to sell and nobody can force a buyer to pay.

That is the reality of using ebay.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@duff_in_oz wrote:

What about the rule thats states that a bid is a binding contract? How unfair is it that sellers can cancel a sale for no reason other than greed, yet buyers are made to feel like it's a criminal offence to want to back out of a sale?

What about the rule thats states that a bid is a binding contract? How unfair is it that buyers can not pay for a sale for no reason other than they changed their mind, yet sellers are made to feel like it's a criminal offence to want to open an unpaid item dispute and get their money back?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I feel really sorry for the seller.

Probably a newby and has been guilted into selling

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I feel really sorry for the seller.

Probably a newby and has been guilted into selling

So do I. My brother used to own several ISP's and the "racks" were in his home so he didn't have to rush across the city in the middle of the night if something broke. I know how much he paid for them and they weren't cheap. When he sold the businesses he sold off all the equipment and he got nearly what he paid for them as second hand items.

EBay is all about protecting the buyer at all costs, but what about the poor sellers who are getting ripped off blind because they follow eBay's recommendation of starting auctions at 99c? I laughed myself stupid when they recommended I start one of mine at 99c and that similar items had sold between $50 and $450. As if!

Edit: Guilted into selling by the threat of bad feedback I'd imagine.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply