I have noticed lately when buying stuff from NSW Australia the reciept is printed in Chinese why it

I have purchased a few items lately from sellers supposedly in NSW Australia. The reciept is printed in Chinese and they seldom reply when you try to contact them. Just wondering why it is in Chinese.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have noticed lately when buying stuff from NSW Australia the reciept is printed in Chinese why it

At a guess it is because the sellers are Chinese. 7 of the 9 feedbacks you have received in the last 6 months are from Chinese sellers.

Where are they registered? Just because the goods are alleged to be in Botany, doesn't mean they are. Or that the seller is in Australia.

Which could well be an issue if buying stuff with supposed warranties. Or anything electrical/electronic - which will unlikely be built to Australian standards.

There is usually a reason why things are cheaply priced.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@williamhawkins,

Don't just look at the item location in the listing. It can be misleading, due to eBay's permitting Chinese eBay sellers to use "just in time fulfilment".

Positive feedback ratingQuick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!!                                 Seller: Member id t**t  (6668 Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999)
(Feedback percentage 99.6%. This seller is registered in China.)

Positive feedback ratingHope to deal with you again. Thank you.                                                           Seller: Member id w**s  Red shooting star icon for feedback score in between 100,000 to 499,999)
(Feedback percentage 99.1%. This seller is registered in China.)

Positive feedback ratingQuick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!!                                   Seller: Member id a**3 (517106 Green shooting star icon for feedback score in between 500,000 to 999,999)
(Feedback percentage 99.4%. This seller is registered in China.)

Positive feedback ratingGood buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.  Seller: Member id t**5  (96750 Purple shooting star icon for feedback score in between 50,000 to 99,999)

(Feedback percentage 97.2%. This seller is registered in China.)

Positive feedback ratingGreat communication. A pleasure to do business with.                               Seller: Member id s**n  (807 Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)

(Feedback percentage 96.5%. This seller is registered in Hong Kong.)

5 out of your most recent 7 transactions are from Chinese sellers. (I've masked their usernames by substituting asterisks between the first and last letter, to avoid transgressing the Community guidelines.)

Click onto the seller's feedback percentage (in a listing) and you'll be taken to their feedback profile page. (NB: I would as a general rule not purchase from a large volume seller whose feedback percentage was less than 99.5%.) There you will see where that seller is registered, plus all of the feedback they've received. If you click onto the total number showing the negatives received over a 12 month period, it can make it easier to see if there are consistent issues.

For instance, among the negatives received by the seller that I've indicated as Member id t**t  (6668 Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999) are the following comments (by other buyers):

Negative feedback ratingFake location (China)                                                                             Buyer: e***n ( 509Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)

100 Einwegpipetten Einmalpipetten Transferpipetten Farbe AIRBRUSH PIPETTEN 3ml  (#173625796187)

EUR 5.99

Negative feedback ratingArtikelstandort nicht wie beschrieben                       Buyer: i***i ( 360Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

in Deutschland sondern China.

Neu Lรถten Reparatur Wartung Plattform Wรคrme Isolierung Pad Silikonmatte Lรถtmatte  (#173631611962)

EUR 13.69

Negative feedback ratingBilligster chinaschrott ... eigentl. kein          Buyer: d***j ( 75Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)

Problem aber hier geht's um Gas ...

Gasbrenner Lรถtlampe Lรถtbrenner Bunsenbrenner Manuelle Zรผndung Gasanzรผnder 1300ยฐC  (#173679511488)

EUR 6.98

(The second comment states roughly that โItem location isn't - as described - in Germany, but rather in China.โž The third comment is roughly โCheap China rubbish... actually no other issue but this is an item containing fuel!โž.)

The seller's other negatives and also his neutrals include many comments complaining that the items are substandard, below par, of inferior quality, etc. And that seller is actually among the better ones in those five recent transactions!

To protect yourself, and to ensure that you're purchasing from legitimate Australian sellers, an essential step is to check the seller's feedback profile to

1. ascertain where the seller's registered, and
  2. read through the negative (and possibly the neutral) feedback comments to spot any persistent problems.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply