I just can not have a win with eBay

Just used the last of my available PayPal funds to purchase an item as most of my PayPal money is on hold from eBay with the new 21 day rules. Now I get email from seller that they are out of stock despite still having item listed with 10+ available.

I have requested money back so that I can purchase elsewhere but how long will I have to wait? (I think I know the answer and I do not like what I am telling myself) I can't purchase another item (which I need desperately) as my remaining funds are being held by PayPal.  As a seller I though buyers had everything in their favour but looks like I loose selling and buying.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

aps1080
Community Member

I feel for you as it has happened to me.

Selling items you didn't have in stock used to be a big no no on ebay but the number that sell and

don't have stock now is unbelievable.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You can still purchase using paypal - just use your CC, still protected etc.

And read this thread and join the many p*****d off sellers

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks and yes I could use my CCard (and I may well have too) but sort of goes against the principle of the whole eBay/PayPal workings for me.

And thanks for the link to the 21 day issue, I am already putting together a case.

But back to this issue I just feel I am going to have all manner of issues with this seller, I can see all the problems now with ongoing replies such as "its Christmas I did not get your request to refund" etc etc. If I see my refund before next year or even at all I will be surprised - so much for buyer protection. I have sent a message to eBay but I am still waiting for a reply for the last 1/2 doz messages I have sent re selling issues. So much for a 48 hour answer.

Thanks my friends for lending a shoulder.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As the refund is not a 'payment from a buyer' it shouldn't be withheld from you.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply