I purchased an item from seller in March 2020. Till today I have yet to receive it.

I purchased an item from the seller in March 2020. Till today I have yet to receive this item. I have emailed him numerous times requesting a refund and yet my emails keep getting ignored. 

The reason this has gone on for so long is that the seller kept telling me that there are delays with postage and to wait patiently. After it had been 3 months of me waiting he became a different person and started ignoring me. 

I have tried through my purchase history to raise this complaint through eBay however I discovered after 3 months eBay does not give you the opportunity to complain. 

Please, someone, help me. It is not about the money but the principle of things. I paid you money for an item I did not receive. I should not have to keep asking for a refund. 

Can anyone please help me to get even. 

I even tried to leave him a bad review and eBay wouldn't let me. 

This is the item I bought. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I purchased an item from seller in March 2020. Till today I have yet to receive it.

You are also not allowed to name and shame on the forum

You did'nt have to keep asking for a refund, you could have opened an item not recieved dispute long ago

And you did not pay anyone reading here any money

How do you mean the seller became a different person?

Reviews are for products, not sellers so how can you leave a review if ypu never got the product?

And that is right, 3 months is far too long (eBay allow 30 days after estimated delivery date)

As you have given him 5 months to string you along, your only hope is that you paid via PayPal

Very common of sellers in China, although that said, the feedback for this person is far better than many

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You have 180 days after the last expected delivery date to open a case for Item not Received in Paypal.

Do so immediately, and don't let a seller string you along like that ....ever.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You have 180 days after the last expected delivery date to open a case for Item not Received in Paypal.

Do so immediately, and don't let a seller string you along like that ....ever.

From the purchase date Stawks.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Oopsie.    My bad    oops.gif

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Oopsie.    My bad    oops.gif

There, there it's OK Stawks,

319607_172222766188665_737029218_n.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

You don't seem to have a lot of experience  buying on ebay.

Here are some things you need to know.

If you buy something and it does not arrive before or soon after the estimated delivery date, then it is time to get a refund. NOT another item sent out, NOT time to keep waiting and waiting on the seller's say so. That is a classic delaying tactic used by some sellers (not most, but some) on ebay to keep you from making a claim.

Within the month, if you receive nothing, you need to open an official 'Item not received' claim with ebay. You can usually see the link to do that in the My Ebay section next to your purchase details. You then need to finalise it a few days later and get your money back.

Your other option, if that time has expired, is to open a Paypal claim. Same sort of deal, open the claim and finalise it a few days later, because the seller is not going to be able to provide evidence of delivery to counteract your claim. You have 180 days to open a claim with paypal so if you bought in March, there will hopefully be time to do this.

You won't be able to leave any sort of review or feedback because there are time limits on that and your time limit has well and truly passed. From memory, I think it is 2 months.

Bottom line: You are not going to get a refund from the seller. He is ignoring you now because he feels safe, he feels he got away with it & you probably can't touch him-you can't give feedback and he was able to string you along out of ebay claim time & he knows you're a newbie who may not realise you can make a paypal claim. Surprise him.

If you want your money back, you are going to have to do the official claim bit yourself. Good luck.

After that, read up about ebay terms & conditions so you don't get cuaght out again.

PS The post is a bit slow but it is not taking from March to September.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

PayPal only require proof of postage, not delivery. If the seller can give a tracking number, they will win. That said, I doubt a tracking number would still be active after 6 months.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

You don't seem to have a lot of experience  buying on ebay.

Here are some things you need to know.

If you buy something and it does not arrive before or soon after the estimated delivery date, then it is time to get a refund. NOT another item sent out, NOT time to keep waiting and waiting on the seller's say so. That is a classic delaying tactic used by some sellers (not most, but some) on ebay to keep you from making a claim.

Very true. A classic delay tactic. I was once caught when a seller sent me a misgraded  item. I alerted the seller to this who said  .... "Don't worry, I'll send you one from my own collection". I waited then forgot all about it. One day I remembered. Well, it was possibly a year later. I can't recall now. And it was too late to do anything. And obviousy nothing arrived. So  OP, what springyzone has said is something to take heed of.

@springyzone wrote:

PS The post is a bit slow but it is not taking from March to September.

Items from the US have taken close to 2 months. From UK 6 weeks.  From March to September means who need to act now. Your 6 months 180 days is nearly up.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

PayPal only require proof of postage, not delivery. If the seller can give a tracking number, they will win. That said, I doubt a tracking number would still be active after 6 months.

Thanks, I knew there was some difference between ebay & paypal but I couldn't remember exactly what it was (apart from the time given to make a claim difference).

I have my doubts though if there ever was a tracking number for the item because I would think if a seller had a buyer on their back about delivery, one of the first things the seller would do is provide the tracking number & that does not seem to have happened here.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply