I requested a return because the item did not match the description. What do I do next?

my attempts to contact ebay have all failed.

they normally answer the phone

have they blocked all efforts to phone ebay

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I requested a return because the item did not match the description. What do I do next?

The call center has been closed for some time due to Coronavirus

Have you tried contacting them via Live Chat?

Is there a reason you did not open an item not as described dispute?

That would be the usual thing to do when a seller has not been helpful

I take it this was from the seller in China who has horrid feedback?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I usually phone ebay and they fix any problem i have.

This is the doggyest seller i have dealt with.

They first tried to bribe me

They claim to be in Regents Pk Australia but no gst was charged

I was charged an international transaction fee!!

The product is very inferior and does not match the ebay ad

Every ebay button takes me nowhere

Even chat freezes up

I am returning 1/2 the order to regents pk  but i am not impressed

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@6477ianw wrote:

I usually phone ebay and they fix any problem i have.

This is the doggyest seller i have dealt with.

They first tried to bribe me

They claim to be in Regents Pk Australia but no gst was charged

I was charged an international transaction fee!!

The product is very inferior and does not match the ebay ad

Every ebay button takes me nowhere

Even chat freezes up

I am returning 1/2 the order to regents pk  but i am not impressed

Maybe if it is that usual you either stop buying from shonks, or you learn how the eBay money back guarantee works.

Neither of which require any input from eBay.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

You do not need to have eBay do anything for you

A) Don't buy from scammers sellers like this in the first place. They clearly show being registered in China and their feedback is neg after neg after neg

B)If you choose to not open the item not as described dispute that is your choice

Why are you returning half the order to Regents Park? 

Did the seller send you a return label? (doubtful since they are in China and post from China)

Are you using tracking? 

If not, then don't expect a refund (even if they 'say' they will refund you) 

Nobody can help you if you are not interested in helping yourself 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@6477ianw,

What you have posted here shows that you are not USING the buyer protection that is freely available.

As has been mentioned on this thread, eBay's phone help has been disabled for months. There was a notice on the relevant Help page for quite some time, stating that the call centre was down due to COVID-19 health precautions. Check this page to read that:

โChanges to eBay customer support

We are making some small changes to how we provide customer support to you.

Under new guidance from health authorities, we wonโ€™t be able to offer customer support over the phone until further notice. However our support team will be available as usual through our customer service online chat function. 

If you have any questions or issues you can visit our help pages, which contain information and answers to frequently asked questions. We appreciate your patience for any customer service delays that may occur during this time.โž

To get to eBay chat, go to the bottom of the Help page (https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home๐Ÿ˜ž

eBay Chat SymbolChat with us

We're available from 8am to 8pm AET

Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET

Saturday and Sunday

For future reference, you should never post back to an address unless the seller has agreed to accept the return and issue you with a refund. This should be done through the official Returns process on eBay. (For the record, the Regents Park address is almost certainly a large warehouse used by a logistics company that receive, store and despatch the goods of possibly hundreds of Chinese sellers. They have nothing to do with receiving returns or issuing refunds; they are not the seller himself.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Countess, I think the problem might have gone by now.

It was 6 weeks ago.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Oh no! Has this thread recently been moved? Have I not had enough coffee to note the date? I am shamed... bitterly shamed.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

consoling-there-there.gif

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it's certainly looking nice and clean. What a furry cat

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply