I see eBay pandering to the Asian Sellers .....AGAIN

It seems the Asian sellers are getting their way again with eBay.

They can sell rubbish to us in Australia that's substandard and when we try to make a refund claim they want eBay to make the buyers send the garbage back to them which as we all know is not viable as our postage is just way to pricey to send anything to China.

So in the end they sell **bleep** and we have no recourse due to our expensive Australia Post costs.

So eBay you are about to lose another buyer and all the advertising in the electronic media isn't going to help because we all know that sellers go to where buyers are and not the other way round.

It's a lose lose situation again for the once mighty eBay.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I see eBay pandering to the Asian Sellers .....AGAIN

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why is ebay to blame for your decision to buy cheap tat from China?

Have they been twisting your arm again?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Get a grip on yourself ! eBay are to blame for many things and that's why both the good buyers and sellers have left in droves.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you used eBay's MBG the seller would be required to pay the return postage. No postage, no return.

There is also Paypal's subsidised return policy, which would cover you up to about $45.

There is also, as Lyndal said, due diligence. If you buy cheap Chinese junk, you can hardly complain when you get cheap Chinese junk.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I wonder what the actual figures are, for buyers and sellers really leaving  ebay.  Seems that  a lot of those that declare they are finished with ebay for good, either never leave or return when they find out that the grass is not always greener.   Then there are always the ones that burn their bridges and ebay is happy to see the back of them, even helps some of them on their way.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I doubt that many 'good' buyers and sellers actually leave. It is all words.

That said, I am on the fence as to whether I keep buying and selling here if I can't pay with Paypal, when that comes in. I really don't want to sign up with yet another payment provider - too many now to keep up with.

Latest reply

@maranock wrote:

I doubt that many 'good' buyers and sellers actually leave. It is all words.

That said, I am on the fence as to whether I keep buying and selling here if I can't pay with Paypal, when that comes in. I really don't want to sign up with yet another payment provider - too many now to keep up with.

Just another hoop to jump through, have become quite comfortable with paypal.  Hopefully might be able to link paypal as the source

for ebays new payment system.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply