I think we have purchased something from a dodgy seller, ad now appears faek, can we stop payment or

murriegold
Community Member

I think we have purchased something from a dodgy seller. After my husband paid via paypal, I see they have no feedback or profile and appears ad id cut and paste from similar posts. Is there anything we can do or just wait to see if the good arrive. I have tried emailing and as suspected no response. It was purchased via paypal at least.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think we have purchased something from a dodgy seller, ad now appears faek, can we stop payment or

They appear to have only registered on Nov 19th. Everyone has to start somewhere, so I'd leave it a week or so and see if it arrives. They've listed as free express delivery, so if it hasn't arrived by this time next week, I'd be opening an item not received dispute immediately.

As for the ad looking like another, sometimes new sellers will copy someone else's ad, not realising they are not supposed to do that.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

100 % SCAM  using copy/paste of a real seller's listing.

just like the other 0 feedback seller's listing in completed listings

Log on to Paypal and see if you can cancel your payment. If you can't, open a Dispute immediately and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Beware of spoof/phishing emails and be sure to change your passwords and run your spyware, keylogging and virus protection regularly.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Tippy toes - where do you get that information from? Is there a special tool?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have sent you a PM Moon.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply