I've found a faulty item from aliexpress few month later. How can I avoid this next time ?

Sorry I had to post this on eBay forum. There isn't a aliexpress forum and this was the closest site that can relate to my problem.

An eBay buyer has found out he/she has a faulty item, I'm currently in the process of working something out. My main concern is, how do I avoid faulty products coming from aliexpress? I can't ask for refund all the time because it could take months before my items sells and a problem arises. It has only happen once and this is my first time experiencing this and it giving me second thoughts of becoming a seller.. but im trying to find a way and stay optimistic.

I know it's not the safest site to buy things from, but there must be some sort of method that eBay sellers/aliexpress buyers use to keep control of the product quality or maybe a way to refund even when it's too late.

If you have any tip, guides or ideas, please tell me ...cheers

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I've found a faulty item from aliexpress few month later. How can I avoid this next time ?

What worries me most is buying a bundle of item and finding out a few of them are faulty months later down the track when it's too late for a refund.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: I've found a faulty item from aliexpress few month later. How can I avoid this next time ?

if you are buying from who ever ,you should be contacting them and see how you stand , if you are not happy with there answere then dont buy from them , welcome to the world of selling , all items are not tested genaraly., when things get made they test batches on most things.

and sometimes when all products get tested , things go wrong for many reasons afterwards.

anyway message them and good luck

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@salesblock wrote:

If you have any tip, guides or ideas, please tell me ...cheers

Basically, every business has to build stock loss (in one form or another) into their business plan and pricing structure. Sometimes it's possible to return faulty products to your supplier, quite often it's not (and in some cases, even if it is, it's not practical or cost effective), so the best thing to do is allow for a small percengtage of sale prices to cover such losses when they are unrecoverable by other means. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

In addition to digi's comments, I have also found most sellers (here on ebay at least) are very honest and fair and if you check the stock when you first receive it and you do notice items are faulty, if you message the seller and attach photos of the damaged items, they will usually offer to refund the damaged goods, replace them (this is often not viable for them though as they claim postage costs outweigh the value of the items) or some will offer to include replacements with your next order.  It really is up to you to check the stock when it first arrives though.

Hope this is some help and best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I only buy individual items from Aliexpress and you win some, you lose some. Overall I save a lot more money than I lose however if I bought from them to resell I would make very sure I dealt with them several times with small orders initially and as DG says would build a certain amount for covering losses such as faulty goods into my sales price much the same way a B&M shop has to build in cover for everything from returns to shoplifting.

Your only redress financially would perhaps be through your credit card provider however as with Ali you would almost certainly have to return the goods by a trackable service.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Aaah, fair enough, I was only speaking from my experience here as I don't use Ali - it wouldn't be worth the expense if you had to mail back with tracking

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply