I went to pay for an item but Paypal says it is unsafe to do so what next?

I went to pay for a buy it now item ($2500 but Paypal says it is unsafe to do so what next?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is at the end of the page if you scroll down (just under "people who viewed this item also viewed"):

This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What is the item number? You can't post the seller's name, but the item number should be fine.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

$2500 is a lot of money to pay for something sight unseen.

Be very wary of a scam.

As requested, please give us the item number.

Located on the right hand side halfway down the listing.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eBay item number:193940126491

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback of 2.

Very inexperienced seller. They've even listed the Yamaha keyboard as a private listing, which is silly. This isn't saucy lingerie!

The seller being inexperienced and selling an item that's so expensive could have been the trigger for the eBay warning.

The item was listed with local pickup available. If I were you, I'd organise pickup with the seller, and pay in cash once you've inspected the keyboard, made sure it is in perfect working order, played it, etc.

I would not be shelling out that amount of money to a private seller (particularly one whose feedback has such paucity) without actually seeing and trying out the Tyros 4. If you're going to risk a second-hand purchase of that sort of item, be aware that there's no warranty.

Once it's all okay, I'd give positive feedback.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your response, I think inexperienced seller too. where do you see it is a private listing? I tried to see if it was a classified before I put in an offer but couldn't find out how to. Ebay money back guarantee is shown in the listing and as far as I can work out it would meet all the criteria if they let the Paypal transaction through, however only 2 feedback may have something to do with it?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

It is at the end of the page if you scroll down (just under "people who viewed this item also viewed"):

This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

then do not do it

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I didn't 'do it'  although I believe he is just an inexperienced seller there was no way to pay and be covered by ebay's money back guarantee. I'm in Qld and he is in WA so pick up was not possible.

Thanks all for your comments

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply