Inappropriate Feedback From Ebay Store.

I have been buying from an ebay store.Even though the store has delivered good quality products and their service is very good,the only complaint I have its their inappropriate feedback. I pay with paypal on each transaction. This is what their feedback says each time:

"Thank you for your order."

Thats all they put.Every time I've bought from them thats all they've said. I did contact them twice to bring it to their attention.No change in their feedback. I started giving them similar feedback:

"Thank you for my order".

What should I do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Inappropriate Feedback From Ebay Store.

@austmagz wrote:

Then my similar feedback is appropriate too.

If the seller is a high volume seller then they probably don't give two hoots what you write. I highly doubt they'd be going through every feedback left to see what the buyers said. Only time they might check is if a buyer leaves bad feedback, even then, unless there was a lot, they probably wouldn't take a lot of notice.

Which would you prefer? A seller packing and sending the item you bought as quick as possible, so you get it as quick as possible, or a seller who takes a week or 2 to post because 10 hours a day is spent writing individual fluffy feedback for buyers? I know which I'd prefer. I couldn't care less if a seller left feedback for me or not. As long as I get what I've paid for, that's good enough for me.

When you go buy your groceries or buy something from Big W, do you expect a fanfare and ticker tape parade because you paid for the items you bought? Do you call them inappropriate because they don't roll out the red carpet and have flashing banners screaming Buyer of the Year Right Here? Do you think they are inappropriate because they only say thank you after you paid, or should they jump the counter and hug you and yell out to the world? Do you jump up and down and tell them how wonderful they are and nominate them for checkout chick of the year? No, you say thank you, pick up your bags and walk away. EBay is no different.

Far too much emphasis placed on flippin' feedback on this site.

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Far too much emphasis placed on flippin' feedback on this site.

Yup. 

I've mentioned this before but it seems relevant to the topic in general, on other sites, where there is seller feedback and reviews but no buyer feedback, I've never once seen a buyer complain about not being able to receive feedback. As soon as it's an option, suddenly you find people treating it like it's the most important aspect of the transaction, and who like to decide on behalf of everyone else things like when other people leave it etc. 

To the OP, should you return to the thread, I am genuinely interested in the answers to the questions I posed. Like most other posters here, I don't understand where you're coming from at all, but I am curious to see if I can, or why it bothers you so much. 

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

I cant figure out why you think feedback is inappropriate. Might be a tad bland but certainly in no way inappropriate.
Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

What amazes me is that the OP has also been a seller, albeit not on such a large scale as the seller she is complaining about.

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

@austmagz wrote:

What should I do?

Thanks.

What should I do?

As well as suggestions others have left, I have a few suggestions:

- Stop sweating the small stuff.  Surely there are other things worthy of your worry time than a less than glowing positive feedback from an eBay seller.

- If you are so put off that they leave you the exact same feedback every time you buy from them AND that does not impress you then exercise your rights as a buyer to shop elsewhere.

- continue with what you are doing by leaving them similar feedback

- DO NOT ever consider leaving any seller a neutral or negative feedback over the feedback they leave.

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

This seller has left over half a milliion feedback, they are obviously very busy and selling in huge volume.

If they took time to 'personally' respond to every buyer with an 'appropriate' feedback maybe you would not have received your item in a timely fashion.

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

I wonder how "inappropriate" the OP will think the sellers are, who have read this thread but not posted, when they find they are blocked from bidding on those sellers items. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

I have the perfect solution to your problem.

Every Sunday night you buy a product from me.

When you leave positive feedback for me, send me a message of what I should write in your feedback.

Everyone will be happy that way.

There still maybe starving children in Africa but at least we will be happy.....

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

@austmagz wrote:

I have been buying from an ebay store.Even though the store has delivered good quality products and their service is very good,the only complaint I have its their inappropriate feedback. I pay with paypal on each transaction. This is what their feedback says each time:

"Thank you for your order."

Thats all they put.Every time I've bought from them thats all they've said. I did contact them twice to bring it to their attention.No change in their feedback. I started giving them similar feedback:

"Thank you for my order".

What should I do?

Thanks.

I really dont understand this question, do you want them to put little figures of party balloons and fireworks in with their feed back and say fantastic buyer ! Ect i would have thought and been happy  with a "thankyou" and really,  replying with the same feed back is pretty petty."

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

wrote:

Then my similar feedback is appropriate too.

Of course its fine to say Thank you.,  do you really expect a hand shake from The Prime Minister followed by a   100 piece orchestra and fireworks? 

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply