Incorrect part ordered

69di_9
Community Member

Ordered two Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher (twin drawer) motor rotors (payment dates 28April & 29May).

Part no. 524185P. Ref No's. EB-64178 & EB-64898. Both the drawers were not discharging water after a wash.

On contacting Fisher & Paykel I was informed that the part is 524285P.

Is it possible to return the items for the correct ones.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Incorrect part ordered

Only your seller can answer that, use the "contact seller" link in the listing.

Edit. Do they actually have the part you need ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Speak to your seller.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As already stated, only the seller can help you, but normally you would have to notify the seller immediately if an item is wrong.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The seller is not obliged to take these items back as it considered a "change of mind".  I believe that you can try open a "Return Request", and it is up to the seller to accept it, but I wouldn't count on it.

It might be cheaper and far less hassle not to return the items, but just repurchase the correct parts.

You can always sell the incorrect parts yourself.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hopefully you have purchased from one of the sellers who accept returns and you have not opened them. If they accept you will be out the postage costs and as mentioned not have opened them as they would be looking to resell them. Also mention to them the part you are after as this can help if they are a regular parts supplier.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

After reading your post properly, it would seem you have used the items so the seller would be under no obligation to accept a return of them.

Just buy the correct item from a seller or direct from Fisher & Paykel's distributors.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I went back and read again and your right. When I looked up the part they are around $100ea.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

for any white goods spare part try the website bigwarehousespares.

located in Oz and sells genuine and generic parts

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I am not sure if you think you are contacting ebay in your message. You're not. You are on a public messageboard and you won't get any replies from ebay at all here, only members of the general public.

Your only really sure fire way of knowing the answer is to contact the seller or sellers you actually bought from but I'll pre emp this a bit by saying I doubt if they will be willing to take the parts back and refund at this stage. I don't think any bricks and mortar shop would either. The reason I say this is you have obviously opened the packets and installed the parts and used them. Moreover, they have been used in the incorrect machines.

They are now second hand, whichever way you look at it and a seller could not resell as new. If I were a buyer, I'd certainly be upset if a retailer sold me these as 'new' and at full price, put it that way.

If the parts had been faulty, different thing entirely, you would have been entitled to a full refund.

I've bought quite a few different things at retail stores and the only conditions under which I could return for a refund was if they were still tagged and/or in the box, unused.

Online, for change of mind refunds (not ebay but on a couple of different sites), the calculated refund, had I gone ahead, was always minus a certain percentage (around 20%), listed as a handling/restocking fee. And that was only if the goods were in the same unused condition as when they were sent. That was the seller's call to determine that too.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply