International Priority Shipping is a major eBay ripoff. USPS is much cheaper.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: International Priority Shipping is a major eBay ripoff. USPS is much cheaper.

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@stuartvw wrote:

This is getting off subject.        

The fact seems to be that a lot of US sellers don't seem aware that they have a USPS option and choose  International Priority Shipping because it is either suggested or is the default (speculation only).

What I do know is:

1) USPS and Australia Post have never failed me.

2) It is a difficult process for a US seller to change from  International Priority Shipping to USPS after agreeing with a buyer to do so.

I had a tranascation like this and it had to be dne through Payapl invoicing directly and not Ebay. By making it so difficult Ebay are doing themselves a dis-service, I imagine, loosing seller's commission.

Stuart, you do not seem to understand what you have been told.....International Priority Mail is a USPS service....it is a premium service that offers tracking and insurance to the standard required for seller protection.

It is also the service used by Pitney Bowes when they forward parcels from sellers who use the Global Shipping Program.

Many sellers will not use the much cheaper First Class Mail service because it does not offer any seller protection.

NO ITS NOT

My parcel bought with postage marked as International Priority went USPS domestic to Kentucky then FEDEX to me

Message 41 of 51
Latest reply

Re: International Priority Shipping is a major eBay ripoff. USPS is much cheaper.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start your own thread on the GSP rather than dragging up threads from 2 and 2 1/2 years agao.

Just sayin'.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 51
Latest reply

Please stop dragging up threads that are nearly 4 years old and contain outdated information.

Priority Mail International is a USPS service.

International Priority Shipping is the GSP shipping service which despite being called a Priority service is anything but....it is slow and expensive.

Message 43 of 51
Latest reply

Please tell me that International Priority shipping is not another version of the Global Shipping Pitney Bowes scam. 

A seller in the US is selling ....    Fisher 400C 400-C Jewel stone bulb-cover gem gemstones
Postage:

US $51.03  (approx. AU $64.27)   International Priority Shipping  to Australia

They are just covers that go over the lights of a 1970s Fisher amplifier. They'd all ft into a an area less than half the size of a matchbox.

WHo in their right mind would pay this amount for items that are only  ..  Price -  US $29.95

+US $51.03 postage

, Approximately AU $37.72   ?????

What (including postage)

What
What gives ?

Message 44 of 51
Latest reply

Yes it is, it's been explained before when you see this:-

Capture.PNG

IT's GSP.

When you open the listing it shows this:-

Capture.PNG

Message 45 of 51
Latest reply

What does the PRIORITY in Priority international shipping actually mean ?. It seems to be simply a nice little earner for Pitney Bowes to foist a ludicrously overpriced, slow, and inefficient scheme on Ebay users. The use of multiple carriers, constantly changing tracking numbers, very slow deliveries and unresponsive tracking near destination which keeps on providing "pending" as a response to scheduled delivery time and date for several days. I purchased a fairly expensive item on the 6th. Jan. it went on a zigzag course for 5 days within the US to Erlanger, then via FEDEX to Hebron, via Honolulu and eventually to Matraville Australia where it arrived on 18th. of Jan. There it seems to be stuck as the delivery time and date continue to be shown as "pending". Today is Sunday 21st. of Jan. so it seems that it is impossible to see the current location of my item nor to make appropriate arrangements to be at home to provide a signature when it, hopefully, is delivered. I has taken 15 days so far and counting, which is ridiculous and probably on a par with China Post.

Message 46 of 51
Latest reply

Hebron is the airport near Erlanger where FedEx has their base.  FedEx collects the freight from Erlanger and once it is delivered there it is on it's way to Australia.

It is not unusual for FedEx to collect more freight from Honolulu before coming to Australia.

The FedEx base in Matraville is the distribution point once the freight is in Australia.....it will probably leave there tomorrow when the tracking should update with the service used and expected delivery date.

Message 47 of 51
Latest reply

15 days. Of which SIX were weekends. From the other side of the world. Shocking.

Message 48 of 51
Latest reply

lelocledavid
Community Member

Everyone is much cheaper, charges customs handling costs for low value items which are duty free, And Priority , that's a joke, slowest service despite premium rates !!!

Message 49 of 51
Latest reply

Might be different in Malaysia where you're registered.

You are on the Austraian boards.

Message 50 of 51
Latest reply