International Seller Provided AusPost Tracking

Hello eBay,

I recently bought an item from a seller based in Canada but shipping from Hong Kong. Today, I just received tracking in the form of an Australian Post tracking number. Is this normal or is it a fake tracking scam? I've always though AusPost tracking numbers can only be acquired if the sender location is in Australia.

Also, regarding the seller's feedback, the seller has 93 positive and 1 negative feedback which says that the seller has sold a fake item. The seller's feedback score is only 76. Are there hidden negative feedbacks? Is it possible to have a feedback score that is less that the number of positive feedbacks?

I'm getting suspicious vibes because the seller claimed that the item I purchased came from a store he works at and when I contacted the store, they mentioned that they never sold such item.

The seller also sells other things which are located elsewhere, such as this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/384728065966?hash=item59939467ae:g:jP0AAOSwMypiBfVn which is shipped from Vancouver. Doesn't make sense

Thank you

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: International Seller Provided AusPost Tracking

Have been with eBay for 15 years now so not that easy to get rid of me.  I had an issue with them 2 years ago which they refused to fix and ended up complaining up the chain all the way to head office in US before they fixed it.  It was all over an item worth less then 10 bucks but it was the principle that was at stake and having too much free time on my hands.  😀

They did tell me that I could report the fraudulent ad which I did but is still there so will give them a few more days before complaining to ACCC.

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Update:

Seller gave me a quote which is lower than what return shipping should be.

I provided an actual quote in which the return shipping costs as much as the fake item on Taobao.

Seller did not respond to that.

I have finally escalated the issue to eBay. 

eBay has put the case on hold for 5 days to allow the seller to provide a shipping label.

If no shipping label is provided I will be refunded instantly.

Also, according to the eBay agent if the seller does not provide the correct amount of money or if the shipping label has incorrect details (shipping label must be the same as the quote I provided), eBay "will just process your refund back to you, as that is not your responsibility if anything goes wrong ... The seller is held accountable"

Incorrect shipping label includes wrong dimension, wrong weight, item marked as gift instead of its true value.
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

@wllblsstn wrote:

I have finally escalated the issue to eBay. 

eBay has put the case on hold for 5 days to allow the seller to provide a shipping label.

If no shipping label is provided I will be refunded instantly.

The seller is overseas and as said before they CANNOT provide a shipping label, if they tell that in the dispute it could go either way - eBay refunds, or you have to return the item and get the postage cost off the seller when they get the item.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

Update:

eBay told me that since the item is believed to be counterfeit, I can get a Statuary Declaration (which declares the item to be counterfeit) signed by an authorised witness in order to allow eBay to close the case in my favour prematurely. I have documents ready to prove the item is counterfeit, hence, I will be looking to get the Statuary Declaration signed first thing on Monday.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

Update:

After providing a signed statutory declaration form and contacting eBay, eBay has finally closed the case in my favour and I will be getting the refund within 48 hours. I am not required to return the item. Thank you all for your inputs to this thread.

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

Update: 

After leaving a negative feedback, the seller quickly managed to get it removed.

I have spoken to eBay about this and they have mentioned the removal was a human error by an eBay agent. They have reviewed my feedback and assured me that nothing I wrote was against eBay's feedback guidelines. Unfortunately, eBay is not able to reinstate removed feedbacks, so ehh. 

The seller sort of wins here until the account gets suspended.

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

Seller REMOVED has changed their eBay username.

In case anyone is considering to purchase from this seller, please beware.

All his items and listing photos can be found on Taobao. A simple reverse image search on the Taobao app should lead you to the original listing.

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

I would never purchase from that seller regardless, because I could never afford the items they are selling. I'm not sure why you should be telling people to beware, when most of their other customers seem to be really happy.

You can't name and shame on the forums. The mods will be here soon to remove the usernames you added. 

As for the postage, we have bought quite a few things from overseas where an AP postage label was created nearly straight away. I expect that is so the item is marked as posted. A week or 2 later, the tracking numbers gets updated. I suspect the item is sent from overseas, then a new label added when it hits Australia. Not sure why they'd do that, but we've never had any issues with parcels being send that way.

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply