Is Bunnings survey that popped up on Ebay a scam?

A Bunnings survey popped up on Ebay yesterday after I completed a purchase. How do I find out whether is is legitimate?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I have a pop up blocker so I don't see such things

But if you have to ask if it is a scam then it is not worth taking the chance 

I have bought plenty from the Bunnings website proper and never been asked to fill in a survey after doing so

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you think it's a scam, then don't do the survey.

Simples.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

I think it's a scam. I filled out a survey and stupidly gave my credit card details to receive the free gift. $3.00 was taken out of my account and it signed me up for a membership to aiwitrix.com. Consquently I cancelled my VISA card.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@lokenergy wrote:

I think it's a scam. I filled out a survey and stupidly gave my credit card details to receive the free gift. $3.00 was taken out of my account and it signed me up for a membership to aiwitrix.com. Consquently I cancelled my VISA card.

you read the offer wrong, it wasnt a free gift for you, it was a free gift for the scammer.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

joham33
Community Member

I've had to replace my Credit Card twice in the last two months because of phishing scams like this. They only get your $3.00 but then they have you by your you know what.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

How the hell do you fall for these scams? They are quite obvious. You were being greedy like a lot of people who fall for these scams by thinking you were going to get something for free. Another is the "oh did you purchase this from Amazon. If not give us your cards details and we will return your money back, you bloody greedy idiot." Even though you don't have an Amazon account. This is not aimed at you but to anyone after a free ride. Nothing is free in this world. Get used to it and don't be so greedy. You just might hold onto your money a bit better.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@joham33 wrote:

I've had to replace my Credit Card twice in the last two months because of phishing scams like this. They only get your $3.00 but then they have you by your you know what.

Stop supporting their business model.  It's people like you who keep them in business.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Why are you supporting these scams?

There is nothing real about these fake ads for 'Bunnings' Or Kmart'

You chose to give these grubs your information , despite all the warning on here and elsewhere they are scams

Why twice?

Don't make it a third time or you might not be so lucky

You handed them your you know whats on a silver platter

I expect they have passed your details on to every scammer list there is now you have shown you are happy to play with them

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@joham33 wrote:

sooner or later your card issuer will stop replacing your credit card OR start charging you for replacement cards.

Do as others suggest, use personal restraint and don't sign up for these scams.

Please also tell me you know nothing about Smartycash.  If you come across it, hit the back button on your device, otherwise you might sign up to get a $15 eBay discount that will cost you $19 per month until you find a way to cancel.

Nobody gives you a financial benefit for zero cost.  The $15 Smartycash offer signs people up to a monthly subscription in order to get the $15 benefit.  By the time members opt out of Smartycash they may be hundred$ out of pocket.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply