Is It Dodgy that All the transactions for a Seller disappeared in a few days?

I recently bought an item from a local seller, who had been an eBay member since 2015.

After having received the item, whilst the account still exists, all the transactions referenced in the feedback for the seller have been removed. 

At the time of the purchase, the seller had lots (100+ I think) of items for sale... and was a regular seller, with lots of good feedback...  but now, when you select the 'Items for sale' link, there is nothing listed.

Except for the fact that the account still exists, and there is feedback going back years, there's nothing listed for the account... and it seems weird that the all the recent (within days) transactions are removed, which is something I've never seen done in 15+ years of using eBay.

Does this sound dodgy... or is there something else peculiar going on?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Perhaps something happened to the seller, and the family have taken down the listings.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I have noticed the same on and off with sellers I trust 100%... I don't know what the cause can be... Maybe they are sick and know they are unable to go to the post office, so they take down the listings if they have nobody to help them.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Maybe the seller decided not to opt-in to Managed Payments.

eBay are allegedly not allowing new or relists for those sellers.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply