Is it a scam

i_rok_ur73
Community Member
Hi I received this from a lady in looking at buying a car from and wanting to know if it is legit or a scam... the car is excellently priced.

Hello again , as I've told you in my first e-mail, I'm in the Air Force with my medical team and right now I am on a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country.

Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay I chose to hire them to take care of the whole selling process as I cannot leave the military base. The delivery process will be managed by me.
I think I can have it there at your home address within 1-2 working days.You will have 5 days to test and inspect the Hilux, prior to making any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money.
Only when you give the confirmation to eBay that you are satisfied by the Hilux and wanna keep it, they will release the funds to me, otherwise, they will refund you the full amount of money without any question, and you can ship the Hilux back on my expense.I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Is it a scam

Total, old as the hills scam

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

It is definitely a scammer, but if you can be bothered messaging them back, you might say...

"Thank you - five days should be enough time for me to test the Hilux properly. I will put it through its paces on some local 4WD tracks and down at the beach.

Sometimes I like to drive out into the water 20 or 30 metres and go fishing from the tray - do you think it will be able to handle this okay? Is the waterproofing up to manufacturer standards, and the factory supplied life jackets still fitted in their usual place?

Let me know, and thanks again for your help - really looking forward to trying out the vehicle!"

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

i_rok_ur73
Community Member
Damn, there goes my last slither of anything that could've gone right... i must be the unluckiest person for nothing to ever go right, i find the perfect car and it's a scam.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

@i_rok_ur73 wrote:
Damn, there goes my last slither of anything that could've gone right... i must be the unluckiest person for nothing to ever go right, i find the perfect car and it's a scam.

No, you have just dodged a bullet,  you still have your money and something else will come along.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

@i_rok_ur73 wrote:

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Be thankful you had the good sense to come here and ask for advice before going ahead with it. Ebay is not the place to be buying vehicles IMHO although there would be legitimate sellers, but you have indeed dodged a bullet and lost nothing

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

The same person os trying this on me same emal shes in the Raff as a doctor buyer bewhere she got ebay to take care of the selling prosess she wonts 6000 dolars of a Caravan thats worth 5 times as much SCAM

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

laffli2
Community Member
We've received today same same email, copy paste, from above i_rok_ur73 , regarding 2010 caravan selling cheap at 6100 AUD on eBay.
Thankfully I googled her name, Tanya Camden, when she didn't provide an address for inspection of the caravan in person.
Too good to be true.
Thanks guys for the heads up.
LL
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

funny thing is they are still using a Hilux to scam ppl currently using 2 names Nadine Kelly and Craig Hart and likely a host of other ones too ..i did scare the **bleep** out of them telling them that i knew they were scammimg but thanks for replying to me as i now have their IP  address 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Is it a scam

lmao best ever answer i was going to tell them oh yes send the car give them a fake address then make out i paid and keep asking where my car was even maybe make some fake payment records if need be so they are searching for a payment 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply