tjls007
Community Member

Is sniper bidding fair and legal? if it is what is the best program?,

if you can't beat 'um, Join 'um.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Is sniper bidding fair and legal?

If the auction is ending while I'm awake I will always snipe bid.  A bit earlier I'll make a bid to get an idea of how much more I need to

bid though.  And in regards to the poster who say they prefer to have a life, I do have a life and the occasional win through sniping is part of it and I like the challenge.   Smiley Happy   For some it's the pokies, for me it's snipe bidding, lol. 

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

darn snipers outbid on eBay again.jpg

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@lane-ends wrote:

k1ooo-slr-sales wrote: 

The way to beat a snipe bid is to bid as late as you can, not necessarily in the last seconds or minutes, and bid your maximum The reason for this is that many eBayers set their snipe bid early in an auction or with a just a day to go.  If bidding has been taking place in the early days they will know that they might need to bid higher if they were going to if they want to win.  Bidding later deprives them of the opportunity to reassess their bid.

What you are saying is the way to beat a snipe is to snipe it. Then highest snipe wins.

you don't have to snipe to beat a programmed snipe bid.  You can bid an hour before the item ends and beat a snipe.  I don't consider a bid an hour out from the end to be a snipe.

Why does timing of a proxy bid make any difference to a snipe? The maximum is not revealed until the snipe is placed and is a one shot, sniper doesn't get a second chance either. Snipe bids take no account of any existing bids have been placed, or when.

If I want to pay maximum of $X for an item I set  a snipe for that figure, irrespective of any other bidding action. Then I leave it alone and it will bid in due course unless I change my mind about the item and cancel it. Whether a competing maximum it has to beat is placed one minute after item is listed or one minute before it ends, makes no difference. To win I just need to be higher

To anyone who believes sniping means placing one higher bid at last second they are in danger at loosing the item for less than they were willing to pay, as they can be beaten either by another sniper or a higher standing proxy.

Most of the time my set snipe is beaten and redundant well before the auction ends. At the end of the day it is highest wins and in the event of a tie first in. Sniping is about whether you are willing to reveal you hand or not, with the added bonus of not being committed to the bid until the end, nor being duely influenced by what others do.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I use sniping when an auction finishes at a time I know I won't be able to follow it, or when I've got two or more bids on auctions that are closing at virtually the same time.  Very handy.

I use Gixen.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Absolutely - I use proxy bid if I am interested in an item, but if it is something I really want - yep - gixen all the way.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

well you shouldnt be able to bid at the last second and i have a solution that eliminates untrustworthy third party sites and sniper programs. its a simple method.

you have to outbid every time no less than 1day, on the last day you have to put a bid at least every hour, on the last 30 minutes you can  only place a certain number of bids. so if you dont follow these rules and wait for 4 days till you bid, it will tell you that you cannot place a bid. if you bid the last 30 min it will tell you you have 5 remaining bids left.

if you bid faster then a human can refresh and bi or you ar egetting assistants from friends, yolu are banned when they examine the logs. If you resell the product fo rmore then the quater of the value that you recently purchased of ebay which i beleive is what most snipers do and they do not do it because they want the rare product and want to use it then you are banned. if you do not provide a order number for a product you are placing for sale which is identical to a product you purchased then you are banned.

place this method into the system and it will alleviate all the people misuding it and trying to make ridiculous amounts of money since developers dont want to re release collectors ingame content after a certain period passes which would eliminate most of the bid sniping and people making money and resorting to measures to get this rare sealed games, but developers arnt going to do this cuz like most humans they lack the ability to foresee these things inevitably happening, if a ebay system guy reads this post then pleas implement these measures into the system cuz i just got sniped from 2 products within the last 30 seconds and they were definitely using a sniping program.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Your suggestion, apart from being NINE years late, is unlikely to get up. eBay allow sniping programs, as you have found. As the OP said, NINE years ago, if you can't beat them, join them.

eBay employees neither read nor respond to board posts, just other members, so your point in bumping this NINE year old thread is non-existent.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

That would probably be the most rediculous piece of writing I've ever seen on the boards.

Well done the numpty prize is yours..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

There are so many fallacies in your post that is not worth my addressing them.

Simply put, there’s no correlation between using a sniping service and reselling on eBay.

And… this is a dead mouldering corpse of a thread. You have dug it up from where it lay decomposing since 2014. Please PLEASE look at the date of a thread before posting on it!

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply